Should I ask if I did something wrong? Watch

AdamHope_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Me and this lass said that we liked each other and want to get close and start talking. I asked her last week if she wanted to get food, in as a date, she said yes, but she hasn't been as instrumental about going out the past few days. I asked if she's still down for getting food, and asked if she wants to see a movie next week instead, but she didn't reply.

I asked her if she'd like to call last night, and she said yes, but she ended up not calling.

I have an urge to ask her if I've done something or if I'm annoying her. I have been messaging her every day, so is it a wise decision to keep doing that or wait a day or two?

It really hurts; I do want to get close to her and I really like her, but I don't want to put her off me.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
She wouldn't have said yes to the call if she wasn't still interested. She likely just got busy or didn't feel like it once it got a bit later. Don't be too pushy about it. Unless she's said something to specifically make you think you've done something wrong then don't assume her being off for a couple of days is about you. It could be anything.

Wait a few days then ask again if she wants to go out on a specific day, e.g. on Sunday. That way she should give you a direct yes/no instead of a vague reply. If she seems unsure then ask then if she's still interested.
Surnia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
'....started talking...' How much of this has been face-to-face and how much on SM or text? I know you say you want to get closer to this girl, but based on what and how much do you know about her?

Stop messaging. If there is no response after 3 day, send one message to ask if there something going on that is stopping her from meeting you (don't say this next bit, but it could be because there is some stress in her life). Three more days, and if you don't hear from her, message to break it off. Don't put yourself down by asking if you have done anything wrong and don't waste time on someone who doesn't respect your attempts to keep in touch. You may just have to accept that she is not interested but not polite enough to say so.
AdamHope_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Just about a week ago we said we want to start talking and get close, I asked her if she wanted to get food but she hasn't been as instrumental about it the last few days.
(Original post by Surnia)
'....started talking...' How much of this has been face-to-face and how much on SM or text? I know you say you want to get closer to this girl, but based on what and how much do you know about her?

Stop messaging. If there is no response after 3 day, send one message to ask if there something going on that is stopping her from meeting you (don't say this next bit, but it could be because there is some stress in her life). Three more days, and if you don't hear from her, message to break it off. Don't put yourself down by asking if you have done anything wrong and don't waste time on someone who doesn't respect your attempts to keep in touch. You may just have to accept that she is not interested but not polite enough to say so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads