The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths S1 Resit Post-Exam

No thread so I created one

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Question 4 and 5 was quite hard the rest was quit easy
Reply 2
Got really confused with 4 - when X<2 and all three solutions are different, do you remember what you got?
How did you work out the Venn diagram? Was BnC something like 0.17?
Also were B n C independent, I said no but could be wrong
And for the love of god, the last last question, HOW WAS SHE SUPPOSED TO IMPROVE THE GRAPH.
And the other one for improving the histogram
but they could roll 123 321 213 423 413 etc etc these are all different i got 20 values for this way and ended up with 20/64

Original post by ProlongRS
It was discrete uniform so probailities all 1/4. Three solutions. (1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4) = 1/64. Possible scores were 1 2 3 4. From there there's 4 unique combinations, 123, 234, 431, 134 (possibly more). So 1/64 x 4 = 1/16.

I think anyway.
Reply 6
@ProlongRS
I think that’s right but I’m pretty sure there are other like 2,3,1. 2,1,3. 3,2,4. I think there were like 16 probabilities so it turned out to be 1/64 times 18 which is an 1/8 I think
Reply 7
I think it was only 2 marks so I didn't spend much time on it

what did you guys get for 5 year regression estimation
For the dice question you have 1/4 chance to roll any number, then it’s 3/4 to not roll it again and 3/4 to not roll your previous number, so you multiply those together
And then X3 as this can happen 3 times as you only chose 1/4 to start with (1 value)
Reply 9
Did it one way and got 270 (crossed it out) and then I did it another way I got 277.1 words which one is right?
Man I flopped this one so bad, didn’t even manage the histogram one :frown: I’m sure I have a U so I can forget about maths now. I need an overal grade of a C
What did u lot get for the normal distribution one I got 0.2033 n then the 2days bit I got 0.7116
The the new sd I got 4.27 something like this
i got this tooo
i said another way of graphing is coding for the last q, and for the histogram using a normal distribution bc the skewness was almost 0
and the probability (last part) for the M value graph given x1 < 2 ans M=4, i got 2/7?
Original post by kparmar1999
What did u lot get for the normal distribution one I got 0.2033 n then the 2days bit I got 0.7116
The the new sd I got 4.27 something like this
i kinda enjoyed that paper but looking on here people got diff answers to me :frown:
great i didnt get that
Original post by ergsegsergseges
For the dice question you have 1/4 chance to roll any number, then it’s 3/4 to not roll it again and 3/4 to not roll your previous number, so you multiply those together
And then X3 as this can happen 3 times as you only chose 1/4 to start with (1 value)
Reply 15
New SD estimate was 4.82 not 4.27
wb probability question?
Reply 17
To finish the venn diagram, you just used probability formula for p(BUC) and filled it in I think p(BandC) was 0.17.
Original post by xxxtentacion..
wb probability question?
Original post by ergsegsergseges
And for the love of god, the last last question, HOW WAS SHE SUPPOSED TO IMPROVE THE GRAPH.
And the other one for improving the histogram

I lit just had to put gain more data, had no clue. What did you get for the regression equation?
How I answered: But then the third couldn't be the same as the 1st or 2nd. So I did 1/4 * 3/4 * 1/2 . As the 1/2 would be the 3rd could be 1 of the 2 numbers that wasn't picked originally. I then multiplied by 4 as could start with 1, 2, 3, or 4, but my fraction seemed to high for the probability of this to happen. (I think I'm wrong though, someone tell me the answer :biggrin:!)

Or did I misunderstand. I read it as all 3 are different numbers.
(
Original post by ergsegsergseges)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending