Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What would you say are the hallmarks of a man's man? If a man's man found out his girlfriend had slept with many men before him, how would he react, and how could he punish her?

Would he dump her cruelly--telling her the reasons for his actions--or would he just dump her and make an excuse? Say the man's man met this ex-girlfriend every year at just one event, what are the words he would say to her to alleviate the shame she brought upon him?

ReputationRep:
    If this is about your ex again and this sodding meeting every year then you really need to get over it. So what if someone has more partners than you! Why do you think your a man's man, are you implying your gay? Why are you sat up at this time plotting to ruin her life anyway?

Wtf do you mean by Man's Man?!

haha punish her lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bret)
    Say the man's man met this ex-girlfriend every year at just one event, what are the words he would say to her to alleviate the shame she brought upon him?
    "Is that you? Wow, you've really let yourself go! or are you pregnant??!"

ReputationRep:
    A man's man. You can't define it but we know who they are--Bestie, Gazza, Arnold, Gregory Peck, Russell Crowe, Ted Kennedy.

ReputationRep:
    Man's man - "Hard" front, but actually has emotions and feelings. Oh and respects other's decisions. Will defend their friend to the death.
    Anyone who acts hard 24/7 infront of absolutely everyone and everything and doesn't respect others (including other halves, friends and family) is just a complete and utter *******.

But that's my opinion.

If a girl had slept with many men before him, I would expect him to accept her as she is. Especially if he admits to sleeping around himself. If he hadn't slept around, he may have doubts, but I'd expect him to open up and talk to his girlfriend. If he just dumped her then - again - he's a *******.
    If his friends had a problem with it, and he was a "man's man", I would still expect him to stick by his other half to show his friends wrong.
    The only punishment that should be given is to the ******* who dumps someone based on their past, not who they are now.

No-one and I mean NO-ONE deserves to be cruelly dumped. Nor harshly spoken to.
    Therefore your second paragraph is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it irrelevant what she had done before she met him. If it wasnt cheating or anything then shes done nothing wrong?

ReputationRep:
    What a girl does before she goes out with you is none of your buisness. You have no right to punish anyone for anything. What would you say to a girl who's boyfriend was quite promiscuous before her relationship with him, hmm?

If you think like this, I'm surprised anyone is even willing to go out with you. You're the type of guy I'd take great enjoyment in rejecting.

Really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bret)
    What would you say are the hallmarks of a man's man? If a man's man found out his girlfriend had slept with many men before him, how would he react, and how could he punish her?

Would he dump her cruelly--telling her the reasons for his actions--or would he just dump her and make an excuse? Say the man's man met this ex-girlfriend every year at just one event, what are the words he would say to her to alleviate the shame she brought upon him?
    Are you just annoyed because she's the first (and only) girl you duped into sleeping with you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm very confused about this whole question.

What's a man's man? What did your girlfriend do wrong? Why do you feel you need to punish her? What "shame" did she bring upon you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god not you again.. with a twist on yet again the same subject. She didn't "bring shame" on you just because she slept with people before you, end of. Get over it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathlyhallow)
    I'm very confused about this whole question.

What's a man's man? What did your girlfriend do wrong? Why do you feel you need to punish her? What "shame" did she bring upon you?
    Oh, just look at his posting history. Every few weeks he makes a bunch of threads on this. Horrible, bigoted attitude towards women who display sexuality of any kind.

Before she was with you, your ex was perfectly entitled to sleep with whoever she wanted. If you subsequently find out and don't like it, you tell her that, and you break up with her. And that is it. Don't you think the people would have forgotten all about your 'shame' by now if you hadn't kept bringing it up at may week?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, good job hiding your hidden agenda there.

Personally, as far as I'm concerned, a man's man is someone with 18th century principles; "a woman's place is in the kitchen" and so on. And I have no idea what punishing her would involve, but I really do not want to know.

The bottom line is that, according to statistics, women on average have more sexual partners than men do. Get over it, or buy yourself a Thai bride.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bret)
    A man's man. You can't define it but we know who they are--Bestie, Gazza, Arnold, Gregory Peck, Russell Crowe, Ted Kennedy.
    If you're saying that you honour Gazza as the epitome of what a man should be, then that's disgusting. You're honouring a perpetrator of alcoholism, violence and domestic abuse.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 7, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.