Will my exams be rescheduled? Watch

Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Recently, the people in where I live are having a protest, which is anti-extradition law. However, a lot of students have called off their classes to join the protests, and even the Education Bureau encourages the whole city to be out of school for the rest of the week. I have 2 more exams in the next 2 days, and I am so worried that whether they will be postponed due to the protests. But my exam today went as normal and started at 1pm.
So do you think my exams will be rescheduled?
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by 8013)
Recently, the people in where I live are having a protest, which is anti-extradition law. However, a lot of students have called off their classes to join the protests, and even the Education Bureau encourages the whole city to be out of school for the rest of the week. I have 2 more exams in the next 2 days, and I am so worried that whether they will be postponed due to the protests. But my exam today went as normal and started at 1pm.
No they won't reschedule them unless they've no other option.
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by 8013)
TSR is a largely UK forum and nobody here will have any idea what might happen in your country. If you are taking international A level or IGCSE qualifications they cannot be rescheduled except to take the missed exams in the next examination period. There may be a special consideration process for your examiner that can be requested when exams are unavoidably missed, hard to say since you don't say anything to identify the qualifications. If you are taking local, presumably Hong Kong qualifications, I have no idea what might happen.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Rep:
?
(Original post by gdunne42)
TSR is a largely UK forum and nobody here will have any idea what might happen in your country. If you are taking international A level or IGCSE qualifications they cannot be rescheduled except to take the missed exams in the next examination period. There may be a special consideration process for your examiner that can be requested when exams are unavoidably missed, hard to say since you don't say anything to identify the qualifications. If you are taking local, presumably Hong Kong qualifications, I have no idea what might happen.
I will be taking edexcel igcse
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by 8013)
I will be taking edexcel igcse
Edexcel use the same special consideration rules and processes for IGCSE as they do for GCSE in the UK.
If you are forced to miss an exam in a subject because of the the unrest and protests in your country, your exams administer should inform Edexcel. They may award a grade by estimating the result they think you would have achieved by looking at the results you get on exams in that subject you are able to take. Your exams administrator can explain more or you can read the rules on the JCQ web site.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by gdunne42; 5 days ago
Rep:
?
(Original post by gdunne42)
Edexcel use the same special consideration rules and processes for IGCSE as they do for GCSE in the UK.
If you are forced to miss an exam in a subject because of the the unrest and protests in your country, your exams administer should inform Edexcel. They may award a grade by estimating the result they think you would have achieved by looking at the results you get on exams in that subject you are able to take. Your exams administrator can explain more or you can read the rules on the JCQ web site.
Thanks.
I also prayed for my city in this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5997898
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by 8013)
Thanks.
I also prayed for my city in this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5997898
I wish you well.
Stay safe.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I think I feel much relieved.
Both of my exams went ahead as normal. Despite another protest and class strike on the 17th, I trust that my exam scheduled for 4:30 pm on that day will continue as normal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (159)
14.36%
The paper was reasonable (610)
55.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (252)
22.76%
It was TERRIBLE (86)
7.77%

Watched Threads