OCR gateway chemistry gcse (triple) Watch

person1143
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
How did everyone find it? And was it just me who was really confused by the co2 emissions and sea levels graph? What did you all say for that
via02
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
There wasn’t anything that jumped out at me that I had no clue how to do, but I still think it was pretty tricky. For that question I said on the one hand the graph didnt show much of a link as decreasing co2 still raised sea levels, however co2 doesnt decrease till 2005 so this would increase temperature and levels would continue rising even after it decreased?
(Original post by person1143)
How did everyone find it? And was it just me who was really confused by the co2 emissions and sea levels graph? What did you all say for that
person1143
Rep:
?
Similar to what I said- I just wasn’t sure when writing it, not sure why. Can you remember what you got for the last page of maths questions? I got 4.5 for the gas volume one and something like 0.3986 for the last
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Similar to what I said- I just wasn’t sure when writing it, not sure why. Can you remember what you got for the last page of maths questions? I got 4.5 for the gas volume one and something like 0.3986 for the last
I think I got 2.2 for the gas volumes but the similar thing for the last question
via02
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
There wasn’t anything that jumped out at me that I had no clue how to do, but I still think it was pretty tricky. For that question I said on the one hand the graph didnt show much of a link as decreasing co2 still raised sea levels, however co2 doesnt decrease till 2005 so this would increase temperature and levels would continue rising even after it decreased?
Yeah I got 0.3986, and acid excess, and something else for gas volume i cant remember now, what was the reaction?
via02
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Oh now i remember I got 2.2 as well!
person1143
Rep:
?
Oops I think I multiplied the number of moles by 2 when I shouldn’t have. Hopefully that’s only one mark lost
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Oops I think I multiplied the number of moles by 2 when I shouldn’t have. Hopefully that’s only one mark lost
did you find the rest of it okay?
person1143
Rep:
?
I think so- not sure about the improving experiment question with burning methane and the condensation polymerisation question but other than that I think it went okay
person1143
Rep:
?
What about you?
Readthetextbook
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
What did all of you write for the condensation polymerisation equation (4 marker)?I believe the 2 you should have picked were ethanol diol and ethanedioic acid and then formed an equation out of them with water as one of the products
person1143
Rep:
?
That’s what I did but just put polyester + water as the products in the reaction as had no clue what it should be. Then talked about how the hydroxyl and carboxyl groups form water leaving the Ester groups in the polymer
emmathornton_113
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
omg i wrote that but chose the one with 1 and 2 in its name and ethanedioic acid?! And i got 0.05 in the last question that was such a tricky paper jesus im pretty sure i got anything right lol
(Original post by Readthetextbook)
What did all of you write for the condensation polymerisation equation (4 marker)?I believe the 2 you should have picked were ethanol diol and ethanedioic acid and then formed an equation out of them with water as one of the products
emmathornton_113
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Grade boundAries better be loooowwww after that disgusting paper
Abiye19
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I got the same answer but wrote it two d.p, does it matter how many figures you rounded it to?
(Original post by via02)
Oh now i remember I got 2.2 as well!
via02
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
don't think so, I did two dp 2.24 or something
(Original post by Abiye19)
I got the same answer but wrote it two d.p, does it matter how many figures you rounded it to?
K0302
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
was it just me who thought that some of the multiple choices could be a couple of the answers?
Bignibba445
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
For some reason I found the multiple choice section harder than the rest of the paper. Other than the additional polymerisation question and the testing for water it was alright
Bignibba445
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
My clown ass forgot the mean titre question said concordant.
giniw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
what was kevlar? a poylmer or polyamide?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (286)
15.15%
The paper was reasonable (1048)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (409)
21.66%
It was TERRIBLE (145)
7.68%

Watched Threads