The Student Room Group

OCR gateway chemistry gcse (triple)

How did everyone find it? And was it just me who was really confused by the co2 emissions and sea levels graph? What did you all say for that

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There wasn’t anything that jumped out at me that I had no clue how to do, but I still think it was pretty tricky. For that question I said on the one hand the graph didnt show much of a link as decreasing co2 still raised sea levels, however co2 doesnt decrease till 2005 so this would increase temperature and levels would continue rising even after it decreased?
Original post by person1143
How did everyone find it? And was it just me who was really confused by the co2 emissions and sea levels graph? What did you all say for that
Reply 2
Similar to what I said- I just wasn’t sure when writing it, not sure why. Can you remember what you got for the last page of maths questions? I got 4.5 for the gas volume one and something like 0.3986 for the last
Similar to what I said- I just wasn’t sure when writing it, not sure why. Can you remember what you got for the last page of maths questions? I got 4.5 for the gas volume one and something like 0.3986 for the last

I think I got 2.2 for the gas volumes but the similar thing for the last question :biggrin:
Reply 4
There wasn’t anything that jumped out at me that I had no clue how to do, but I still think it was pretty tricky. For that question I said on the one hand the graph didnt show much of a link as decreasing co2 still raised sea levels, however co2 doesnt decrease till 2005 so this would increase temperature and levels would continue rising even after it decreased?

Yeah I got 0.3986, and acid excess, and something else for gas volume i cant remember now, what was the reaction?
Reply 5
Oh now i remember I got 2.2 as well!
Reply 6
Oops I think I multiplied the number of moles by 2 when I shouldn’t have. Hopefully that’s only one mark lost
Oops I think I multiplied the number of moles by 2 when I shouldn’t have. Hopefully that’s only one mark lost

did you find the rest of it okay? :smile:
Reply 8
I think so- not sure about the improving experiment question with burning methane and the condensation polymerisation question but other than that I think it went okay
Reply 9
What about you?
What did all of you write for the condensation polymerisation equation (4 marker)?I believe the 2 you should have picked were ethanol diol and ethanedioic acid and then formed an equation out of them with water as one of the products
Reply 11
That’s what I did but just put polyester + water as the products in the reaction as had no clue what it should be. Then talked about how the hydroxyl and carboxyl groups form water leaving the Ester groups in the polymer
omg i wrote that but chose the one with 1 and 2 in its name and ethanedioic acid?! :frown: And i got 0.05 in the last question that was such a tricky paper jesus im pretty sure i got anything right lol
Original post by Readthetextbook
What did all of you write for the condensation polymerisation equation (4 marker)?I believe the 2 you should have picked were ethanol diol and ethanedioic acid and then formed an equation out of them with water as one of the products
Grade boundAries better be loooowwww after that disgusting paper
Reply 14
I got the same answer but wrote it two d.p, does it matter how many figures you rounded it to?
Original post by via02
Oh now i remember I got 2.2 as well!
Reply 15
don't think so, I did two dp 2.24 or something :smile:
Original post by Abiye19
I got the same answer but wrote it two d.p, does it matter how many figures you rounded it to?
Reply 16
was it just me who thought that some of the multiple choices could be a couple of the answers?
For some reason I found the multiple choice section harder than the rest of the paper. Other than the additional polymerisation question and the testing for water it was alright
My clown ass forgot the mean titre question said concordant.
Reply 19
what was kevlar? a poylmer or polyamide?

Quick Reply

Latest