Turn on thread page Beta

people taking this site to seriously? watch

Announcements

does anyone else think some people on here take this site just a little to serious ...was going to put it in have your say...but it said i couldnt start a thread there :rolleyes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    If you mean me, feel free to just come out with it.

i dunno who you are...so no lol...but hello
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by notts-lad-08)
    i dunno who you are...so no lol...but hello
    Short memory. Hi.

ReputationRep:
    Taking this site to Seriously? Where's Seriously?

And if you mean me, feel free to come out with it.

And sometimes yes. But that's mainly some of the stuff in About; the rest of the site is fine.

ReputationRep:
    No, every day idiots post the stupidest post I have ever read. The other day some lass said she had been sexual assaulted and loads of users posted saying she had asked for it, and they said they wanted to be sexual assaulted themselves. I suppose it gets annoying when everyone seems to be fake.

:eek: i dunno you either...but ooo...generalebriety, your the guy who quoted me on that exam thing....but i still wasnt on about you-i dont even know what exam that was...and now it wont let me open that thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notts-lad-08)
    does anyone else think some people on here take this site just a little to serious ...was going to put it in have your say...but it said i couldnt start a thread there :rolleyes:
    And if you mean......what do you mean? What instances can you produce to illustrate your ramblings?

ReputationRep:
    Only the "Have Your Say" bloke can start threads in "Have your say".

And if you mean me, feel free to come out with it.

Do you mean debates? People take debates seriously because they feel passionately - they mostly take H&R seriously because it's people's problems. If you just want mindless talking then Chat is where to go.

The Internet is serious.
    Win.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, some people do and people sometimes do. I can remember starting a thread on English graduates - what they do after graduation and whether they have poorer employment prospects - and felt that some comments were out of line. And it got really petty by some.

(Original post by Murr)
    Taking this site to Seriously? Where's Seriously?
    damn it that was going to be my joke

ReputationRep:
    yeaa some people do take this too seriously i think. rep for example is just getting out of control.

but a lot of people only take it so seriously because they are passionate about it.

You mean we're not supposed to take this seriously? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dealbreaker)
    Yes, some people do and people sometimes do. I can remember starting a thread on English graduates - what they do after graduation and whether they have poorer employment prospects - and felt that some comments were out of line. And it got really petty by some.
    I called you a fool because you were being foolish. Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    I called you a fool because you were being foolish. Get over it.
    See, OP, this is what you have to sometimes put up with. But it's part and parcel of TSR.

btw Poica I didn't expect you to own up to what you did - so must be feeling really foolish yourself. :-))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    damn it that was going to be my joke
    Mwahahahaaa. But kudos, it is a good joke .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dealbreaker)
    See, OP, this is what you have to sometimes put up with. But it's part and parcel of TSR.

btw Poica I didn't expect you to own up to what you did - so must be feeling really foolish yourself. :-))
    No...I know you didn't, I just wanted to make a point about it. However, I do think you're making a ridiculously big thing about being called a fairly innocuous insult. Regardless, you were being foolish, and so I reserve the right to call you a fool.

(Original post by Murr)
    Mwahahahaaa. But kudos, it is a good joke .
    thanks i take full credit :p: you mustve stole it from my mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    No...I know you didn't, I just wanted to make a point about it. However, I do think you're making a ridiculously big thing about being called a fairly innocuous insult. Regardless, you were being foolish, and so I reserve the right to call you a fool.
    Look who's talking...I mean posting. :p: I is such a fool? You foolin' wid me, baby, cos u dont wanna be foolin wiv me. Coz I is jus tooo hot 2 handle, babes...

I, dealbreaker, acknowledge that Poica has the unquestionable reservation of the right to all rights.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.