Flaky guy Watch

Ivasafe
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi!

I met this guy a month ago. He was hitting on me so I gave him my number and we have been texting since. But he is kind of flaky ... ?? I don't know. We haven't been on a date yet. He is still talking about it but makes no hard plans. The only thing he can do perfectly is complaining about how busy he is.
I guess he might be busy, a lot of stuff going on but I don't know how to approach him. On one hand, I am trying to be nice and friendly ... no pressure. Once I asked him out but he didn't have time. Another time he asked me but it was late so it didn't happen. Sometimes he even doesn't text me for days and then I get a message out of nowhere.
I am still waiting for the question: "hey! do you want to hang out today?" ... but it is like it is never coming. He is still nice to me. But for god's sake! It has been such a long time we know each other and we still haven't met.
What should I do? Stop talking to him as it will probably never happen? Or keep it on a friendly level and give him time? Do you think he is not just so interested at the moment? Or what is he waiting for?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Ivasafe)
Hi!

I met this guy a month ago. He was hitting on me so I gave him my number and we have been texting since. But he is kind of flaky ... ?? I don't know. We haven't been on a date yet. He is still talking about it but makes no hard plans. The only thing he can do perfectly is complaining about how busy he is.
I guess he might be busy, a lot of stuff going on but I don't know how to approach him. On one hand, I am trying to be nice and friendly ... no pressure. Once I asked him out but he didn't have time. Another time he asked me but it was late so it didn't happen. Sometimes he even doesn't text me for days and then I get a message out of nowhere.
I am still waiting for the question: "hey! do you want to hang out today?" ... but it is like it is never coming. He is still nice to me. But for god's sake! It has been such a long time we know each other and we still haven't met.
What should I do? Stop talking to him as it will probably never happen? Or keep it on a friendly level and give him time? Do you think he is not just so interested at the moment? Or what is he waiting for?
You can take the initiative and ask him out.
Back him into a corner by letting him fix the date and time, but he might cancel.
Accept he isnt that interested and you come second to his career or plenty of other things, which means you arent that important. I would say this is probable and if you had a relationship he would always be flaky. In that instance you should find better and move on.He wont change. If he was that interested he would make the effort. He hasnt, so imo move on.
GreenBell
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You should ask him and if he doesn’t accept or cancels then start ignoring him.
Ivasafe
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Yeeah but I asked him once already and he did not make the time for me. Also when he asked me and I wasn't around I said we can meet the other day but it didn't happen. I feel quite nervous about asking him again - I don't want to be rejected again. But I am sure he will text me in a few days again like nothing ever happened, being friendly and nothing will come out of it. As always
I wish I could read his mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads