Prayers to HK thread Watch

Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
As a Christian who lives in HK, I know that there are massive governmental protests in where I live.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-asia-china-48455370
If you want to join in to pray for God to take pity on the people in here, please type in your prayer as a reply to this thread. Just one requirement, the prayer cannot be over 120 words.

Here is mine, in order to start the thread:
Dear Lord, I come to you with this prayer for my city. Those scenes in the news made me shudder. Lord, I know that you can bless my city and everyone in here, so I put my trust in you right now. I bless you to give me a rebundant heart and keep me out of those protests, as I know that the law of this city is not as good as yours.
Once again, I bless you to keep pity on everyone in my city. I know you are the only one who can calm this storm, and bring those in my city to know you.
In your name I pray, Amen.
Last edited by 8013; 5 months ago
sleep-deprived
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
im from hk too. dissappointed helpless, heartbreaking, i have no words. i will pray for hk. its the least i could do. please stay safe everyone.
Rep:
?
Again, I heard that Protest No.5 will happen on Sunday afternoon. I am serious, THREE PROTESTS IN TWO WEEKS, and the LegCo meeting did not go ahead today, it is delayed for two days already.
So I hope more people can join this thread and pray for HK, especially to #2, who said he felt heartbroken.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I am not very good at praying in/with words, but please be assured of my prayers for the situation
Rep:
?
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
I am not very good at praying in/with words, but please be assured of my prayers for the situation
Thanks.
Also, bit of an update:
The march protest today has lasted for six hours and it is still ongoing. The organiser has announced that 2 million people have joined the protest as of 6:30 pm, which is almost 30% of the population.
So please continue to pray for my city. Still quite heartbroken.😭😭😭🙏🙏
Ben878
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I hope the city is alright. It seems 0 of the population like the Chinese

Best wishes for the people of HK, including HK nationals living here in the UK who have to see their home go through this
Last edited by Ben878; 5 months ago
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
It is now getting worse here, feeling even more heartbroken. There was a protest march every Sunday for six straight weeks, and various districts were affected. There was also a strong riot in Yuen Long last night, which injured 45 people.
Now everyone in Hong Kong is feeling very down, and some even do not want to go out. No one can imagine how Hong Kong has become just because of an unwanted extradition law.
So please drop a line here and pray for Hong Kong.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Renewed prayers!
Rep:
?
There is a protest in my district tomorrow, so my family has stocked up. Please pray for my family because all of us are so scared to go out.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Continued prayers :hugs:
Rep:
?
Just an update for you guys:
There are massive crowds at the airport today, and all flights leaving between 6:30 pm and 2:25 am are cancelled. I will be on holiday to Germany next week, so may God give me a safe journey there. My flight will be leaving at 12:35 am on the 21st.
Last edited by 8013; 4 months ago
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
The airport protests have gone on for the fifth straight day. Some flights leaving today are still cancelled or delayed. I am so worried about my travel plan. So please pray for my flight, details are as follows:
Date: 21 August
Time: 00:35
Flight Number: CX289
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Praying :console:
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Here is a bit of update:
Some MTR stations were damaged by protesters and closed today, and three lines were shut down, which includes the Airport Express. The city is back to school tomorrow, so if the network is not back to normal tomorrow, it may affect the travel of students.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Apologies for the late reply. I have not been following the news stories on this, as it seems highly disturbing, what's going on in Hong Kong :sadnod: Continued prayers for you all
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
There will be a class strike tomorrow, but I will absolutely not participate in it. My class has decided to write political slogans on the Maths S1 test tomorrow, but I will not do that and take the test seriously.
A lot of people in HK, especially students, still cannot make the right decision, causing to protests weekend after weekend.
Rep:
?
Today is the worst day of protests EVER. Almost every district has its own march today, as it is the Chinese national day.
Fortunately I have stocked up.
Rep:
?
Please may all of you quickly drop a line to pray for Hong Kong. The city was a total mess last night, with MTR stations and shops being damaged. The MTR was shut down for the entirety of today.
In addition, due to a new anti-mask law, there are protests in 14 districts over yesterday and today.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Praying :sadnod:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.39%
No (81)
10.64%
I'm not old enough (327)
42.97%

Watched Threads