Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'll explain.

I got alot better A levels then my school predicted and so I hadn't applied for other uni's I would have liked to have gone to more.

It would have been possible to try and get through clearance, however issues such as accommodation etc. would have been more of a gamble.

So now this year has come to an end, I want to enroll on the second year of the same course at a different Uni. I don't want to have to start as a first year again because it'd feel this one was such a waste.

Just wondering if anyone has done it? If so what were there experiences in changing environments at a uni and any diference difficulty wise.

It's still in the the same city and so I've sorted a house and have mates from first year, it'd just be on the course were i'd be a billy at first.

I'm also presuming to try and do this I'm just going to have to ring in and explain.

ReputationRep:
    I guess like you said you'd have to ring the uni first and it will be up to them what they do. I think some unis don't allow people to transfer into the second year.

One of my friends at Aston did German at Oxford Brookes but after her first year they decided they were no longer going to run the course (bit harsh really!) so she transfered straight into the 2nd year of German at Aston.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.