Exam disqualification Watch

Pete butcher
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Today I sat my chemistry exam and I had just closed my booklet as I had finished, so I got out my exam timetable to cross of the exam I had just done, as I was doing this an invidualtor came over and took it off me. There was nothing else other than my exam dates and seats on the paper. However, she told me she was going to report it to the exam board .

Will I get disqualified?
CuriosityYay
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Are you spider man?
BaileyFitz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Unless there was some info on there that could be classed as helping you then no, they’ll just ignore it. The invigilator is a ******
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Why did you feel the need to take out other paper with stuff on it? Obviously they would need to see what was on it so I don’t know why this surprised you.
Pete butcher
Rep:
?
There was nothing on it that could help me just exam dates and seats, the exam invigilator clearly saw this
(Original post by BaileyFitz)
Unless there was some info on there that could be classed as helping you then no, they’ll just ignore it. The invigilator is a ******
Pete butcher
Rep:
?
Understand why it was taken off me, was just wondering whether it was going to lead to disqualification

(Original post by Bio 7)
Why did you feel the need to take out other paper with stuff on it? Obviously they would need to see what was on it so I don’t know why this surprised you.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Pete butcher)
Understand why it was taken off me, was just wondering whether it was going to lead to disqualification
Ok well no. Since it had nothing on it then you’ll be safe I would assume. No point in harsh punishment for no cheating.
Jyro
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Today I sat my chemistry exam and I had just closed my booklet as I had finished, so I got out my exam timetable to cross of the exam I had just done, as I was doing this an invidualtor came over and took it off me. There was nothing else other than my exam dates and seats on the paper. However, she told me she was going to report it to the exam board .

Will I get disqualified?
The invigilators do not like you having paper on you of any kind as it comes under 'notes of any kind' (part of the regulations that the invigilators must inforce). Since it was taken off you, the invigilators will have a look at it and probably talk to your exam board about it. As long as there was nothing on there that could've put you at an advantage when sitting the paper you should be okay. If you are worried about it, contact your head of exams in your school and ask them about it
StarWinchester
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Exact same thing happened to the boy in front of me and almost happened to myself as well. He just went up to a teacher afterwards and told them what happened and as they could see it was just the timetable which you are allowed to have that it would be fine. So no, I don't think you will be disqualified!
Invigilators can be pretty strange tbh
DrTSR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I really don't understand what must go through your head when you thought to take out a piece of paper that you brought in from outside the exam hall.
Jyro
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by StarWinchester)
Exact same thing happened to the boy in front of me and almost happened to myself as well. He just went up to a teacher afterwards and told them what happened and as they could see it was just the timetable which you are allowed to have that it would be fine. So no, I don't think you will be disqualified!
I know someone who works part-time as an invigilator and he said that they have to do things like this so they don't get in trouble if an inspection of the invigilators was happening (as a precaution). The invigilators are always cautious as mistakes in the quality of invigilating could lead to the exam centre being closed
StarWinchester
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Ah, that makes sense.
(Original post by Jyro)
I know someone who works part-time as an invigilator and he said that they have to do things like this so they don't get in trouble if an inspection of the invigilators was happening (as a precaution). The invigilators are always cautious as mistakes in the quality of invigilating could lead to the exam centre being closed
Pete butcher
Rep:
?
Well she gave me the timetable back at the end so surely even if she had to report it, she was already satisfied that there was nothing that could help me on there
(Original post by Jyro)
The invigilators do not like you having paper on you of any kind as it comes under 'notes of any kind' (part of the regulations that the invigilators must inforce). Since it was taken off you, the invigilators will have a look at it and probably talk to your exam board about it. As long as there was nothing on there that could've put you at an advantage when sitting the paper you should be okay. If you are worried about it, contact your head of exams in your school and ask them about it
Pete butcher
Rep:
?
I was just crossing one of and I had finshed my exam so though it was very harsh
(Original post by StarWinchester)
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I was just crossing one of and I had finshed my exam so though it was very harsh
You didn’t need to though so it was a pointless risk.
username4813690
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
they have to report these things legally but as long as there wasn't anything on there that could've helped u in the exam they won't disqualify you

:fleurdelis:
Jyro
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Well she gave me the timetable back at the end so surely even if she had to report it, she was already satisfied that there was nothing that could help me on there
You should be okay then. Just keep it out of your head and focus on the last few exams

You've got this! :thumbsup:
StarWinchester
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I always highlight/cross mine off at the end of the exam as do most people in my school so yeah I do think it's a little harsh but the invigilators are just doing their job and you wont get in trouble
Anthos
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
The invigilators always ask us to check if we accidentally brought our phones in or other pieces of paper, even if it's a blank piece of paper. You can't even bring in the exam timetable into the hall. So this confuses me, and I'm wondering why you had the exam timetable, unless your invigilators do things differently.
StarWinchester
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
we have to have the timetable as it has your exam details which they check to make sure you are in the right place and they wont let you sit the exam without one on your desk! They check it matches with what name you wrote on your exam paper, Otherwise you could be sitting an exam and writing someone else's name etc.
(Original post by Anthos)
The invigilators always ask us to check if we accidentally brought our phones in or other pieces of paper, even if it's a blank piece of paper. You can't even bring in the exam timetable into the hall. So this confuses me, and I'm wondering why you had the exam timetable, unless your invigilators do things differently.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (405)
18.58%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (484)
22.2%
It was TERRIBLE (253)
11.61%

Watched Threads