Coolcat789
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello. I’ve just recently started studying advanced higher English and I can’t think about what to books to do my dissertation on. I was wondering if any of you’d could help and recommended me books and also how they-have common themes etc. Thank you in advance
Alex.Enaholo
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi there,

I sat adv higher English last year and found picking a text for my dissertation quite challenging as well. As far as what you can pick you can pick literally anything which has enough literary weight behind it. people in my year did things like Purple Hibiscus, The Help, Norwegian Wood, Dracula, Bonjour Tristesse, Pride and prejudice and Brave New World. So a really broad range of stuff.
Our teacher and the sqa now really advise that you focus on only one main book so that hopefully makes the decision a bit easier.
hope this helps.
Sedwardson
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, does anyone have any good portfolio essay ideas, preferably something to do with psychology or something like that. Thanks.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sedwardson)
Hey, does anyone have any good portfolio essay ideas, preferably something to do with psychology or something like that. Thanks.
Is this for AH English? What kind of essay are you planning on doing? A discursive one?
Sedwardson
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah discursive
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Spoiler:
Show

(Original post by withered.rose)
What books are good for Advanced higher English dissertations though are not too overly done? Any examples from this year or previous years/ yourself or others
(Original post by Coolcat789)
Hello. I’ve just recently started studying advanced higher English and I can’t think about what to books to do my dissertation on. I was wondering if any of you’d could help and recommended me books and also how they-have common themes etc. Thank you in advance
(Original post by Alex.Enaholo)
Hi there,

I sat adv higher English last year and found picking a text for my dissertation quite challenging as well. As far as what you can pick you can pick literally anything which has enough literary weight behind it. people in my year did things like Purple Hibiscus, The Help, Norwegian Wood, Dracula, Bonjour Tristesse, Pride and prejudice and Brave New World. So a really broad range of stuff.
Our teacher and the sqa now really advise that you focus on only one main book so that hopefully makes the decision a bit easier.
hope this helps.
(Original post by Sedwardson)
(Original post by Quick-use)
Is this for AH English? What kind of essay are you planning on doing? A discursive one?

:wavey: Have just merged all of the separate threads into the main AH English one Hopefully you'll all be able to help each other answer your questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
9.52%
Disagree (2)
9.52%
Neither agree or disagree (7)
33.33%
Agree (6)
28.57%
Strongly Agree (4)
19.05%

Watched Threads