A Levels privately Watch

chiaraball
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi. I am an adult and am working. I'd like to tale some A levels privately and only sit exams.
Please can anyone advise which steps I should take?

Also, I'd like these A Levels to count towards a Level 3 Diploma. How do I make this link?

Thank you.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by chiaraball)
Hi. I am an adult and am working. I'd like to tale some A levels privately and only sit exams.

Also, I'd like these A Levels to count towards a Level 3 Diploma. How do I make this link?

Thank you.
Assuming you have done the study then you find an exam centre pay them the money and they deal with the admin. You then take the exam on the relevant days. You will be what is known as a private candidate and you can find test centres just through googling or sometimes from the exam board site. As a private candidate you can select the exam board.

Their are certain deadlines to apply by, but the closer you are to the exam, then the more expensive it will be. You could be paying anything from c £250-500 an A level it all depends, so shop around.

Certain A levels such as science will be much more expensive due to the practical component.

This is just standard background.

https://www.aqa.org.uk/student-and-p...ate-candidates

The idea that A levels count towards a diploma is muddled as a BTEC is a completely different qualification. You need to clarify what you mean / want or is your situation. Unis normally require 3 A levels or equivalent, but you can use a combination of the two such as a 90 credit diploma and 2 A levels if that is what you mean?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by chiaraball)

Thank you.
Many subjects include an assessed coursework or practical exams that can be very difficult or extremely expensive for a private candidate to complete. What subjects do you hope to take?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads