Should I resit Year 12 Watch

helpmyass12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I have done my year12 ppe which will determine my predicted grades
I got ABC and I needed at least BBB as they do grades + 1 to get your predicted grades. So I was headed for a AAB predicted grade but my teachers have said that they may consider not +1 as they think I wouldnt achieve it because I DID BADLY IN THE JANUARY PPE. I am also confused why they are doing this when they know people would do bad that early on in the year. Right now I think I will be predicted ABB but I need AAA or at least AAB to do chemical engineering. I know some unis do give out lower entry requirements but my dad wants me to go to a good uni. I am considering resiting but I dont know if its smart to do this or maybe change career option to mechanical enginereeing or law but I am not sure if I would enjoy this
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by helpmyass12)
I have done my year12 ppe which will determine my predicted grades
I got ABC and I needed at least BBB as they do grades + 1 to get your predicted grades. So I was headed for a AAB predicted grade but my teachers have said that they may consider not +1 as they think I wouldnt achieve it because I DID BADLY IN THE JANUARY PPE. I am also confused why they are doing this when they know people would do bad that early on in the year. Right now I think I will be predicted ABB but I need AAA or at least AAB to do chemical engineering. I know some unis do give out lower entry requirements but my dad wants me to go to a good uni. I am considering resiting but I dont know if its smart to do this or maybe change career option to mechanical enginereeing or law but I am not sure if I would enjoy this
why don't you apply anyway then if you get rejected apply in a gap year.
SKhagrid
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
That wont make a difference would it
considering how high the entry requirements are. I do want to take a gap year if possible but I am not sure if that will make a difference
(Original post by claireestelle)
why don't you apply anyway then if you get rejected apply in a gap year.
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by SKhagrid)
That wont make a difference would it
considering how high the entry requirements are. I do want to take a gap year if possible but I am not sure if that will make a difference
it would make a difference when you would already have you grades in hand
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (316)
15.3%
The paper was reasonable (1132)
54.79%
Not feeling great about that exam... (453)
21.93%
It was TERRIBLE (165)
7.99%

Watched Threads