Health issues during exams Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi,

I have had a mild arrhythmia for a long time, however it's been getting bad since exams have stated. I have periods where my heart doesn't beat for 2-3 seconds and a resting pulse of 56. When it happens I go a bit light headed, and I think it has had a negative impact on my exams.

Is there anything I can do?
black tea
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
See a doctor? Though I don't really see how an essentially normal heart rate would make you feel light-headed
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

I have had a mild arrhythmia for a long time, however it's been getting bad since exams have stated. I have periods where my heart doesn't beat for 2-3 seconds and a resting pulse of 56. When it happens I go a bit light headed, and I think it has had a negative impact on my exams.

Is there anything I can do?
You need a doctors note confirming the diagnosis and what your complaint is plus how it affected your exam performance.
Then talk to your exam officer and tell them you want to put in a claim for special consideration, plus show them the letter from the doctor.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
See a doctor? Though I don't really see how an essentially normal heart rate would make you feel light-headed
Sorry, what I meant was I have periods where I have unusual arrhythmias, and I've been diagnosed. After these periods, I feel a bit light headed and dizzy. They occur much more frequently when I'm stressed.
black tea
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sorry, what I meant was I have periods where I have unusual arrhythmias, and I've been diagnosed. After these periods, I feel a bit light headed and dizzy. They occur much more frequently when I'm stressed.
I see. Is there no treatment?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
I see. Is there no treatment?
Initially it presented as mild, but exams have made it much worse. Back when I was diagnosed, the doctor wasn't too concerned, but now I think it is a considerable issue.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.19%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.6%
It was TERRIBLE (144)
7.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed