I think I have failed my A-levels, or at least not got into my firm or insurance. Watch

abide12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
What are my options?
My firm is Southampton and I need A*AA.
My insurance is Bath and need AAA.
Is it worth retaking A-levels or should I just get a job in the field of study i'm interested in?

i just suck at exams for a levels
chickennugget69
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
i'm predicted an A* for maths and im probably not going to get an A, after the maths exam today... probs gonna go through clearing
Frah1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by abide12345)
What are my options?
Is it worth retaking A-levels or should I just get a job in the field of study i'm interested in?

For what course are they?
Laya_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What are my options?

You wouldn’t have got the offers if they didn’t think you were capable!? What are your predicted grades, and what grades do you think you’re gonna get?
ChemEng456
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by chickennugget69)
i'm predicted an A* for maths and im probably not going to get an A, after the maths exam today... probs gonna go through clearing
Same What course are you applying for?
abide12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Frah1)
For what course are they?
Computer Science
abide12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laya_)
You wouldn’t have got the offers if they didn’t think you were capable!? What are your predicted grades, and what grades do you think you’re gonna get?
Predicted is A*AA. but yeah seems unlikely now. i did well in my GCSEs that probably the only thing that got me the offers
abide12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChemEng456)
Same What course are you applying for?
Computer Science
Laya_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Predicted is A*AA. but yeah seems unlikely now. i did well in my GCSEs that probably the only thing that got me the offers
Well don’t be disheartened You still don’t know your results, miracles can happen! In the mean time, once your exams are all over, then research what courses tend to be on clearing, what university you wouldn’t mind going too, and if you still want to do the same course etc. Then on results day, be on the ball looking at clearing! The spaces can go up fast but try not to worry too much. It all works out in the end. Good luck!
abide12345
Rep:
?
yeah thats true, i still have 3 more exams left. I definitely need to come up with a backup plan! thanks
(Original post by Laya_)
Well don’t be disheartened You still don’t know your results, miracles can happen! In the mean time, once your exams are all over, then research what courses tend to be on clearing, what university you wouldn’t mind going too, and if you still want to do the same course etc. Then on results day, be on the ball looking at clearing! The spaces can go up fast but try not to worry too much. It all works out in the end. Good luck!
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
there'll be options with AAB and lower in clearing if you think you've dropped a grade.

Computer Science
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Cardiff, Exeter and Swansea are all likely to be in clearing in the same area of the country. Lancaster and Loghborough worth looking at elsewhere. You will need to check whether they are in clearing when it opens.
yeah thats true, i still have 3 more exams left. I definitely need to come up with a backup plan! thanks
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You can't do anything until August - and actually you may have done okay, or okay-enough for them to still accept you.

(Everyone feels like this after exams - stop panicking)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (307)
15.16%
The paper was reasonable (1116)
55.11%
Not feeling great about that exam... (442)
21.83%
It was TERRIBLE (160)
7.9%

Watched Threads