Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well, i actually still buy cd's, albums mainly from amazon, but do you think it's a waste of money? Does anyone else still buy cd's?

ReputationRep:
    yeh sometimes depends who it is, often i'll get them and sell them on but i like owning them ripping them etc...

Yeah, I buy CDs. The ones I get here are mostly from the black market, though.

ReputationRep:
    occasionally.

i download a lot more, but if i'm out and see a cd i want at a reasonable price i 'd buy it.

ReputationRep:
    I generally download, but I will buy if it's something that can't be downloaded (which is rare now these days), if the album's packaging is unique in some way, or the album really stands out as being something I really like.

Sadly, most albums these days don't meet this criteria, and aren't even worth 5 pounds, let alone the 10-12 these days.

What do you use to download?

ReputationRep:
    Debating about this on another forum yesterday I have 71 music albums (all bought from amazon) and i can't see why people complain about the pricing as many people who do go out and buy Games and DVDs (which are bigger rip offs more than anything). At the end of the day it's as good as going into a shop and stealing a CD, downloading it is.

I only buy the CD if I really like the artist. Otherwise I download :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I buy CDs, but normally only after I've downloaded it to see if I like it. I'd rather have the hard copy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    I buy CDs, but normally only after I've downloaded it to see if I like it. I'd rather have the hard copy.
    That's the same as me. If i don't like the download i delete it If i like it i buy the hard copy like you!

ReputationRep:
    I love CDs - something satisfying about seeing them all on my shelf. I realise they can be pricey, but I just love to buy them. And I can blast them on my stereo too.

ReputationRep:
    i buy CDs if i like the music, i dont tend to download though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladylish)
    I love CDs - something satisfying about seeing them all on my shelf. I realise they can be pricey, but I just love to buy them. And I can blast them on my stereo too.

yea, i definately agree. like when i get home, and i've got ******* loads of work to do, i can just go into my room, and pick a cd to get me chilled, and just get on with it.
    i've got bout 60 albums in my collection atm, but im starting to think it might be a waste of money, since cd's may become obsolite soon.
    but i dont care, i love my cd's

ReputationRep:
    I hate the idea of not having CDs...I've never downloaded a song in my life, and although CDs can be pricey, I think it's worth it to have the hard copy.

ReputationRep:
    i buy CDs, more than I'd download

(Original post by fungirl1234)
    well, i actually still buy cd's, albums mainly from amazon, but do you think it's a waste of money? Does anyone else still buy cd's?
    No, it's not really a waste of money. I still buy them, mainly because a hard copy is so much better than just having it off the internet. Call me sentimental, but that's the way it is. Plus, I don't support illegal downloading.

ReputationRep:
    Only by my absolute favourite artists, or just classic albums.

ReputationRep:
    i buy CD's i like having it there on my shelf hehe. I've never downloaded music :ninja:, although i'll listen to the artist on youtube or last.fm first to see if i like it

ReputationRep:
    I don't trust downloading things from the internet, so yes I do buy CD's. It's nice having something you can physically hold, rather than a computer file.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDragon)
    I don't trust downloading things from the internet, so yes I do buy CD's. It's nice having something you can physically hold, rather than a computer file.
    You can hold computer files, just only if you have hands made of binary...

When I legally get things, I tend to buy the album, rather than download it off iTunes, as from places like Amazon and Play, it's just as cheap, I get a hard copy, and it's much more convenient if I want to put it on multiple computers (although granted iTunes Plus is starting to make it easier).

However, I never bought singles, and will never. I don't see the point in spending around £3 on something you can just as easily have for 79p (because who honestly listens to all the remixes you get?)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.