The Student Room Group

I've got RQF Level 7 (which is PGCE) - Master' s degree. Does this cover QTS ?

Hello, everyone.
I come from Slovakia (EEU country just to be clear :smile:) ) and my diploma and all the qualifications have been compared by UK NARIC and stated to be RQF Level 7 / Master's degree. I've been teaching back home (cuz that' s what I studied at uni, specifically Teaching English language and grammar) and been working for Supply Teachers as a TA in England. I would like to find a proper teaching job here though. QTS is required and I've heard that what I've got may obtain that. Any thoughts from you guys? What do you think? And what to do next? Thanks for every single one! Much appreciated!
Original post by Nicky117
Hello, everyone.
I come from Slovakia (EEU country just to be clear :smile:) ) and my diploma and all the qualifications have been compared by UK NARIC and stated to be RQF Level 7 / Master's degree. I've been teaching back home (cuz that' s what I studied at uni, specifically Teaching English language and grammar) and been working for Supply Teachers as a TA in England. I would like to find a proper teaching job here though. QTS is required and I've heard that what I've got may obtain that. Any thoughts from you guys? What do you think? And what to do next? Thanks for every single one! Much appreciated!

academies don't require QTS so even if it's not the same there are still 1000s of schools you can work in. As for your qual being the same as QTS for schools purposes is something that you should an expert to assess but from looking at it myself I don't think it would give you QTS in eyes of state schools.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending