Cannabis warning Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Long story short my friend and me decided to pick up a draw from our seller recently. unaware of this we were actually watched by undercover police at the time so when we left the area we were immediately stopped and searched which is where they took it off us and said because it’s our first time being caught in possession and we've never been in trouble with the police before we’ll only be given warned. I’m not too bothered about this as I’ve recently quit smoking but my friend still smokes the occasional doobie and is quite annoyed he has to watch over his shoulder constantly whilst smoking a zoot in parks etc. Does warnings ever come off I heard something about 12 months it drops but I’m not sure what it means for him
jsg9
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If you get a cannabis warning it doesn't really have any major consequences. There will be a record of it on the Police National Computer but it's not a conviction, i.e. it doesn't form part of your criminal record. If someone with a cannabis warning was stopped again and found to have cannabis on them, the officer would be able to check and see a previous cannabis warning and so the repercussions would be more severe.

In terms of jobs etc., employers don't normally ask about cannabis warnings so I believe you don't have to disclose it, but if you are specifically asked about it you would have to disclose it as it's not covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. It wouldn't show on a Standard DBS (CRB) check, but could show on an enhanced DBS check, although only if it was "relevant" to the job applied for, so that's unlikely.
(Original post by Anonymous)
Long story short my friend and me decided to pick up a draw from our seller recently. unaware of this we were actually watched by undercover police at the time so when we left the area we were immediately stopped and searched which is where they took it off us and said because it’s our first time being caught in possession and we've never been in trouble with the police before we’ll only be given warned. I’m not too bothered about this as I’ve recently quit smoking but my friend still smokes the occasional doobie and is quite annoyed he has to watch over his shoulder constantly whilst smoking a zoot in parks etc. Does warnings ever come off I heard something about 12 months it drops but I’m not sure what it means for him
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (317)
15.31%
The paper was reasonable (1134)
54.76%
Not feeling great about that exam... (454)
21.92%
It was TERRIBLE (166)
8.02%

Watched Threads