Not so good GCSE's but great A-levels Watch

John39764
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello, I am about to finish my first year of A-levels and want to apply for cardiff University regarding their physiotherapy course. But in regards to this I only achieved 6 GCSE's where they require 7 GCSE's and was wondering whether their was still a chance I should apply because I am well aware that I can meet the A-level results but just uncertain about my GCSE's. Any advice is appreciated.
mnnbv
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by John39764)
Hello, I am about to finish my first year of A-levels and want to apply for cardiff University regarding their physiotherapy course. But in regards to this I only achieved 6 GCSE's where they require 7 GCSE's and was wondering whether their was still a chance I should apply because I am well aware that I can meet the A-level results but just uncertain about my GCSE's. Any advice is appreciated.
If they require 7 GCSEs as part of their entry requirements, it is likely they will reject you straight away. However I would suggest calling their admissions team and explaining your situation.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by John39764)
Just find an easy exam only gcse and pass it, although clearly its too late for this summer exam window, if they still do November GCSE's try then. maybe something like RE or ICT.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads