Will universities look at a levels taken early? Watch

need urgent help
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi there, I am in year 11 and am taking a level Russian this year. Will universities such as Oxford and Cambridge look at this a level and be able to give me the offer for 4 a levels instead of for 3 or is the a level useless. I am planning on studying earth science.
threeportdrift
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by need urgent help)
Hi there, I am in year 11 and am taking a level Russian this year. Will universities such as Oxford and Cambridge look at this a level and be able to give me the offer for 4 a levels instead of for 3 or is the a level useless. I am planning on studying earth science.
It won't be included in your offer as it's irrelevant to the subject you are applying for. Presumably it's also a household language?
need urgent help
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
It is not a household language I learned it a foreign
(Original post by threeportdrift)
It won't be included in your offer as it's irrelevant to the subject you are applying for. Presumably it's also a household language?
ScoutingForGirls
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Maybe try English A-Level next.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by need urgent help)
Oxford or Cambridge will want to know about your Russian A level and the result you obtained but if they decide to make you an offer to study there it will be based on results obtained from your other 3 A levels taken in year 13.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by gdunne42; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads