Edexcel A-level Statistics and Mechanics (9MA0/03) - 14th June 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Watch
ThomasParker
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Date: 14th June 2019
AM/PM: PM
Length: 2 hours
jumpman123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
is there even a ****ing point
student_2000
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
probably need to get around 120 to meet my firm grade but oh well it is what it is
ThomasParker
Rep:
?
Same, more like 150 for me though; doesn't help that I have this exam on my 18th birthday but I have to thank Edexcel for the thoughtful gift.
(Original post by student_2000)
probably need to get around 120 to meet my firm grade but oh well it is what it is
ph2001
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I need like a 90% to even get a C after paper 2 today. I got a U in today’s paper. So I’m so screwed.
Last edited by ph2001; 1 year ago
oly1357
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
omg my birthday is on this exam as well !!!!!!
(Original post by ThomasParker)
Same, more like 150 for me though; doesn't help that I have this exam on my 18th birthday but I have to thank Edexcel for the thoughtful gift.
jumpman123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by oly1357)
well my death day is going to be on this exam so uno
ThomasParker
Rep:
?
Well, happy early birthday!
(Original post by oly1357)
nkDF
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jumpman123)
well my death day is going to be on this exam so uno
good
mehdi_bioace
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Where the hell can i learn about mechanics using vectors? This **** is pissing me off to the max.
muqeet137
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do we need to know about laminas and moments with vectors?
SkillBill
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is correlation and regression in the new spec? I am self studying this one, so I ve been learning the spec through examsolutions videos. However in the mathematical formulae booklet I dont see the formulas for regression , they have them only in the Further Maths section.
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SkillBill)
Is correlation and regression in the new spec? I am self studying this one, so I ve been learning the spec through examsolutions videos. However in the mathematical formulae booklet I dont see the formulas for regression , they have them only in the Further Maths section.
yes you do, you should have a calculator, ie the Classwiz, that does this for you. You also need to do hypothesis testing on whether a PMCC is positive/negative based on the sample size.

but yeah. i also need to score extremely highly on this to get a B which I need for uni! Stats will be fine, mechanics not so much!
username3729202
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm going to do loads of revision tomorrow and some on Friday morning. I'm gonna keep doing plenty of practice questions and try my best like I always do. Hopefully, it won't be too bad. I'll be happy with an A at this point, which I need for uni anyway. Best of luck to everyone.
(Original post by thegalaxy)
yes you do, you should have a calculator, ie the Classwiz, that does this for you. You also need to do hypothesis testing on whether a PMCC is positive/negative based on the sample size.

but yeah. i also need to score extremely highly on this to get a B which I need for uni! Stats will be fine, mechanics not so much!
forgotten_one
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If I stop making tsr posts after august, you all know what happened...
SkillBill
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Apparently, while I bought a A-levels approved casio calculator from Amazon, there is not Statistics mode like the one that Classwiz has. But I can still use the formula to do it piece by piece if needed. Thank you!
And good luck to all!
Gracelizabeth
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pretty sure the pure book 2 has a section in the vectors chapter about mechanics in 3D
(Original post by mehdi_bioace)
Where the hell can i learn about mechanics using vectors? This **** is pissing me off to the max.
LouisDineen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t worry, we’re gonna get this bread on Friday 👌🏼
SkillBill
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
anyone has any notes or any links to notes for the sampling section of the spec?
Utd4life0101
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s gonna be a massacre from Edexcel tomorrow smh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (191)
38.74%
Take autumn exams (151)
30.63%
Look for a job (17)
3.45%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.26%
Take a year out (85)
17.24%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise