LJMU or Liverpool Hope? Watch

dylanb97
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am coming up to the end of taking a year out from my studies at Edge Hill where I previously studied English Language - I have since decided this isn't for me and wont be returning.

I have received a place @LJMU for Events Management - a course I am really interested in but I cant help but feel it'll consist of a lot of stuff I've already done (considering I hosted my own events at 17 for Macmillan and toured the country with the Circus). All the staff have been lovely - but it's a lot bigger and I worry about the support here.

The other option is to go to Liverpool Hope to study Education and SEN - something which I've worked in. It's a much smaller university and my family seem to think this will be far more challenging and 'valued'..

I really don't know what to do and I'm fearful as this is my last chance at uni.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi there Dylan.

These are quite different courses.... what's your end goal? Do you want to do events management, perhaps charity fundraisers long term or are you more interested in education and potentially teaching?

I understand what your parents are saying. It's certainly worth you thinking about what you want do career-wise and what doors these degrees will open for you.

Just tagging in Liverpool Hope University & LJMU Student Rep who will be able to offer more support and answer any questions
(Original post by dylanb97)
I am coming up to the end of taking a year out from my studies at Edge Hill where I previously studied English Language - I have since decided this isn't for me and wont be returning.

I have received a place @LJMU for Events Management - a course I am really interested in but I cant help but feel it'll consist of a lot of stuff I've already done (considering I hosted my own events at 17 for Macmillan and toured the country with the Circus). All the staff have been lovely - but it's a lot bigger and I worry about the support here.

The other option is to go to Liverpool Hope to study Education and SEN - something which I've worked in. It's a much smaller university and my family seem to think this will be far more challenging and 'valued'..

I really don't know what to do and I'm fearful as this is my last chance at uni.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Hello,

It's great to hear you are considering studying with us.

My best piece of advice would be to visit each of the universities at an Open Day to get a real feel for the campus and the course.

Our next Open Days upcoming are Friday 28th June or Saturday 6th July, if you come along you can attend each of the subject taster sessions and meet with the academics who will be teaching you on the course. You can also grab yourself a free ice cream :gthumb:.

If you can't make these days then let us know and we can offer a bespoke campus tour through the week.

It is true that our number of students is smaller and we do this to ensure the academics know their students. We also keep the size of our seminars and tutorial classes down to benefit the students learning. Another plus of this, from personal experience, is that the academics are always on hand to assist with any enquiries you may have as they operate on a office hours policy.

You can look in to the statistics if you wish to make your decision on what university would be best for you, but I personally would suggest visiting them, to see if you could see yourself studying there.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Tom :shakehand:
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by She-Ra)
Hi there Dylan.

These are quite different courses.... what's your end goal? Do you want to do events management, perhaps charity fundraisers long term or are you more interested in education and potentially teaching?

I understand what your parents are saying. It's certainly worth you thinking about what you want do career-wise and what doors these degrees will open for you.

Just tagging in Liverpool Hope University & LJMU Student Rep who will be able to offer more support and answer any questions
Thanks for this, :thumbsup:
LJMU Student Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Dylan, how about you come to one of our open days and get further insight into the course you are considering. LJMU next open day is Friday 21st June and you can register your place here. I recommend you go to the open days for all the Universities you are considering studying at, as you might get a better feel for one after going and speaking with your future lecturers. I studied Business Studies at LJMU and I learnt a lot more than what I initially expected and developed further interests from topics that I had never before studied. These days employers are always looking for practical experience and academic qualification so the fact you have quality experience is great... a degree would only compliment this. Getting further insight and detail into the course will be so beneficial to you, so if you come to our open day I believe you will benefit a lot from attending.

For further info why not get in touch with Liverpool Business School at LJMU. I have included contact details below
0151 231 8080
[email protected]

If you have any more questions, let me know. I'm here to help

Julia

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads