How much would u estimate for grade boundaries??? Watch

Jackgcsehelp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Based on last year and the test does anyone fancy estimating some grade boundaries , aiming for a 7 in most .
English aqa language
English aqa literature
Chemistry aqa higher
Biology aqa higher
Physics aqa higher
Geography aqa
Business ocr
Media Ocr
Spanish aqa foundation
Re edexcel
Maths Ocr maths
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
Like what would u suggest as I’m aiming for
English Lang - 7/8
English lit - 7/8
Chemistry - 6/7
Biology - 7
Physics - 6
Geography - 6
Business - 7/8
Media - 7
Spanish - 5
Re - 5/6
Maths - 6

(Original post by Jackgcsehelp)
Based on last year and the test does anyone fancy estimating some grade boundaries , aiming for a 7 in most .
English aqa language
English aqa literature
Chemistry aqa higher
Biology aqa higher
Physics aqa higher
Geography aqa
Business ocr
Media Ocr
Spanish aqa foundation
Re edexcel
Maths Ocr maths
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
Bump
StarWinchester
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
my advice; look up last years grade boundaries and increase them by 5% as that's what they will apparently go up by but of course it changes depending on how everyone found it. But that could give you a rough idea
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
I found all the en tests really hard , for science how much do u believe they’d say for a 7
StarWinchester
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/st...Y-JUN-2018.PDF
find the exams/subjects you took and times the mark by 1.05 and that is a rough estimate of what it would be. This isn't accurate though and it could be different!!!
I found all the en tests really hard , for science how much do u believe they’d say for a 7
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
Thank you, I just find it dumb how the tests r getting nearly impossible and to add to it they have higher grade boundaries. Never gonna get the grades I want
StarWinchester
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I feel the same. It's so stupid and I wish we still did the old gcses with coursework as I'm soo much better as coursework! These new exams are basically just memory tests :-(
Thank you, I just find it dumb how the tests r getting nearly impossible and to add to it they have higher grade boundaries. Never gonna get the grades I want
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
Exactly! I feel like the only people who get 9s r ones who r just then naturally smart people not the people who actually put tons and tons of effort in like if it was effort grades I’d be getting way better. 1 test can determine ur future so dumb
StarWinchester
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You could literally know everything on the exam but just word it wrong or a question trips you up and it means you fail the exam! Try not to worry, and just take them one exam at a time because it wont ruin your future as there are always resits and other paths in life to take if you don't get the grade you need!
Exactly! I feel like the only people who get 9s r ones who r just then naturally smart people not the people who actually put tons and tons of effort in like if it was effort grades I’d be getting way better. 1 test can determine ur future so dumb
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
Exactly they make u do it thetebway too, how is that showing ur smart thst just showing u can streufture a sentence. Thank you I will try !
(Original post by StarWinchester)
You could literally know everything on the exam but just word it wrong or a question trips you up and it means you fail the exam! Try not to worry, and just take them one exam at a time because it wont ruin your future as there are always resits and other paths in life to take if you don't get the grade you need!
Nassim_Baaziz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
GCSE'S are a walk in the park once u get into y12. They really are not that hard, especially with the stupidily low grade boundarie. Your telling that without a decent amount of efficient revision you cant get 70%? you just need to play it smart; securing the easy marks is the simplest way to get a grade 9
StarWinchester
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
it's a stressful situation to be in when you're right in the exam. So yeah it might be easy once i get to college but it's hard when you haven't done anything past these types of exams. I don't think you should get to tell someone whether an exam was easy or not since it really depends on who they are. :-/
(Original post by Nassim_Baaziz)
GCSE'S are a walk in the park once u get into y12. They really are not that hard, especially with the stupidily low grade boundarie. Your telling that without a decent amount of efficient revision you cant get 70%? you just need to play it smart; securing the easy marks is the simplest way to get a grade 9
Jackgcsehelp
Rep:
?
yes but comparing the gcse’s To last year they asked us the decent topics which everyone knows about but this year they are asking us stuff thst your skip over because ur like how the hell r u meant to know that off by heart. It’s just dumb when ur in the exam and pressure gets to you and u csnr remember something and ur stuck there for 20 mins strisght trying to recall what it is. It may seem easy now ur past year 11 but if they r thst easy my teachers shouldn’t be struggling with questions on it.

(Original post by StarWinchester)
it's a stressful situation to be in when you're right in the exam. So yeah it might be easy once i get to college but it's hard when you haven't done anything past these types of exams. I don't think you should get to tell someone whether an exam was easy or not since it really depends on who they are. :-/
(Original post by Nassim_Baaziz)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads