Any advice on having backup plans as a in student Year 13? Watch

johnc_1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I am doing maths, physics and economics. I found Physics and economics okay but I don't think I will do well in maths. I hoping to get AAB grades this year. Let's say hypothetically I don't get those grades, is doing a re-sit worth it? What if I couldn't re-sit? Are there other options? I want to do Aerospace engineering.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
soy_boy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
you can always look at degree apprenticeships
lmil
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by soy_boy)
you can always look at degree apprenticeships
Degree apprenticeships are very competitive. They definitely shouldn’t be looked on as an answer to poor results as the company expects you to get top grades in your degree and work full time. However, if you do get your predicted grades of AAB (same as mine and I’m a degree apprentice) check out BAE degree apprenticeships as they have some great schemes!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by johnc_1)
I am doing maths, physics and economics. I found Physics and economics okay but I don't think I will do well in maths. I hoping to get AAB grades this year. Let's say hypothetically I don't get those grades, is doing a re-sit worth it? What if I couldn't re-sit? Are there other options? I want to do Aerospace engineering.
AAB are great grades and could certainly help you get into a degree level apprenticeship as well as university.

You can research Aerospace Engineering apprenticeships here - https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship and research all the different pathways into this career here - https://nationalcareers.service.gov....space-engineer

Good luck with your A-levels!

Sophie.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (336)
15.63%
The paper was reasonable (1170)
54.42%
Not feeling great about that exam... (465)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (179)
8.33%

Watched Threads