Want more information about this university?
Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Got any questions about life as a student at Aberystwyth? Eleanor and Eliza (Student Ambassadors at Aberystwyth) are here to help
Last edited by Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador; 1 year ago
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I believe you have the longest account name on TSR.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notoriety)
I believe you have the longest account name on TSR.
Haha - thanks Notoriety, we will take that as a compliment
Last edited by Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador; 1 year ago
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador)
Got any questions about life as a student at Aberystwyth? Eleanor and Eliza (Student Ambassadors at Aberystwyth) are here to help
Hello, my name is Eliza and I have recently finished an undergraduate joint honours degree in International Politics and History at Aberystwyth University, and I'm hoping to return to Aberystwyth in September to study towards a Masters degree in Human Geography.

As I have lived as a student in Aberystwyth for three years now, I am very familiar with the town & the university and am very happy to offer help and advice about any issues relating to student life at Aberystwyth!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador)
Hi, I'm Eleanor and I've just finished my first year at Aberystwyth. I'm currently studying Writing For Broadcasting, Media and Performance, a course which started in September 2018, and I will be returning in September to start my second year.

Having lived in Aber for the best part of a year, I am familiar with the area and university life and I am happy to answer any questions and offer help with anything about being a student at Aber. 😊
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Dear fellow student ambassadors,

Please fix the student feedback on the accommodation issue. I do not mean to be very harsh or unkind. Talking to the accommodation office is pointless when they are not looking into fix the given feedback. The grace period to move out to another block during summer is only two days. It is very stressful for students especially international students who are here for postgraduate studies especially when you need to be away for the fieldwork, engagements with organisation sponsorship and other arrangements. This issue has been raised by people in the past but there has nothing been done so far. Even if you want us to move within two days, please let us know when and where at least a week earlier in order for us to plan our work with with the lecturers and sponsorship organisations.
Aberystwyth University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hia Anonymous,

Thanks for your message. I passed this on to our Accommodation team and this is the response I received from them :

"Applications for summer accommodation opened on 15/04/19 and as detailed on the summer accommodation webpage, in the ‘When can I move into summer accommodation’ section, if you are currently living in Aberystwyth University accommodation and your term Licence Agreement ends at 10.00am on Friday 21st June 2019, summer accommodation will be available for you to move into from 09.00am on Wednesday 19th June 2019. Therefore, you will have from 09.00am on Wednesday 19th June 2019 until 10.00am Friday 21st June 2019 to complete your move.

When students make an application for summer accommodation a requirement is for them to electronically sign to say that they have read and understood the terms and conditions outlined in the summer accommodation notes found on the webpage and as detailed above. We provide relocation information up-front at the point of applying so, therefore, students are provided with prior notification. As we had been receiving enquiries, during the week of 10/06/19, from students due to move from term to summer accommodation, this year we decided to send a courtesy reminder e-mail on Monday 17th June. This e-mail reminded students of the above arrangements regarding when they can collect the key to their summer accommodation and then subsequently when they need to have completed the move by.

I am sorry that you feel you have not been provided with sufficient time to move from your term-time room into summer accommodation. We feel that sufficient time has been provided to students in order to make the required arrangements to move; however, we always appreciate feedback in order to continue to improve the service we deliver. Should you wish to discuss the matter further then please don’t hesitate to contact the Accommodation Office to arrange a meeting with the Manager.

We sincerely hope that you will have an enjoyable time living with us again in summer accommodation and if you have any further queries then please don’t hesitate to get back in touch."

(Original post by Anonymous)
Dear fellow student ambassadors,

Please fix the student feedback on the accommodation issue. I do not mean to be very harsh or unkind. Talking to the accommodation office is pointless when they are not looking into fix the given feedback. The grace period to move out to another block during summer is only two days. It is very stressful for students especially international students who are here for postgraduate studies especially when you need to be away for the fieldwork, engagements with organisation sponsorship and other arrangements. This issue has been raised by people in the past but there has nothing been done so far. Even if you want us to move within two days, please let us know when and where at least a week earlier in order for us to plan our work with with the lecturers and sponsorship organisations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.49%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.57%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (90)
37.82%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.61%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.52%

Watched Threads