Nick Grimshaw quit presenter as radio 1 (media studies our) Watch

harryisalegend
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
* OCR Because Grimshaw has quit- should we mention this in our answers- does it have a huge effect on radio or can we just stick to our original notes?
Qadeer1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I mean you may as well acknowledge it as it could be a decisive factor in listening figures since Nick brought his own demographic and maybe his replacement will have is own. (Younger/Older listeners etc.)
harryisalegend
Rep:
?
Do you think the new presenter has brought in younger audiences?
(Original post by Qadeer1)
I mean you may as well acknowledge it as it could be a decisive factor in listening figures since Nick brought his own demographic and maybe his replacement will have is own. (Younger/Older listeners etc.)
Qadeer1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
"Nick Grimshaw has confirmed he is leaving BBC Radio 1's Breakfast Show after six years. The DJ, 33, will step down in September and will be replaced by Greg James. It comes two weeks after figures revealed that Grimshaw's show had the second lowest audience ratings since current records began" - Sky News

So clearly he needed to be replaced as his audience and listening figures were dwindling.

"More than 230,000 extra listeners have been tuning in to the Radio 1 breakfast show since Greg James took over from Nick Grimshaw in August." - BBC News

So yes, clearly him being replaced has given a new face to BBC Radio 1 Breakfast, as it has resulted in increased listening figures.
harryisalegend
Rep:
?
thanks any predictions for the paper?
(Original post by Qadeer1)
"Nick Grimshaw has confirmed he is leaving BBC Radio 1's Breakfast Show after six years. The DJ, 33, will step down in September and will be replaced by Greg James. It comes two weeks after figures revealed that Grimshaw's show had the second lowest audience ratings since current records began" - Sky News

So clearly he needed to be replaced as his audience and listening figures were dwindling.

"More than 230,000 extra listeners have been tuning in to the Radio 1 breakfast show since Greg James took over from Nick Grimshaw in August." - BBC News

So yes, clearly him being replaced has given a new face to BBC Radio 1 Breakfast, as it has resulted in increased listening figures.
Qadeer1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Ironically, I don't do media studies at GCSE. Lol don't get me wrong; I find it interesting and I'm sure I would have enjoyed it, but my school didn't offer it so oh well. Good luck.
(Original post by harryisalegend)
thanks any predictions for the paper?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads