Failing A Level Maths Pls Help Watch

maisieb13
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Im really really really stressing myself out over my edexcel maths A level papers and I know they're done now and theres nothing i can do but i can't help but feel embarrassed and frustrated at myself. Ive been doing the course for 2 years and I've struggled with it so much, literally getting Ds and Es on my mocks and i feel like my actual exams have been going worse than my mocks! Seriously, its doing my head in. I need a C for it at Uni but i highly doubt I'm going to get it. And since my entry requirements have already been dropped from AAB to BBC at uni (C in Maths) Im sh***** it. I also have a ton of family pressure and i know they're going to be appalled at my grade since I'm a A/B grade student in other subjects. I feel like my other exams for Computer Science and Geography have gone great, just not maths at all. Its also worth noting that i only took Maths as its needed with CS at uni and i have literally ZERO interest in maths at all. Its always been a topic i struggled on even at GCSE i only got a 7 (A). Im just gutted because it feels like I've tried and spent 2 years on a course and all I'm going to have to show for it is a U grade.
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by maisieb13)
Im really really really stressing myself out over my edexcel maths A level papers and I know they're done now and theres nothing i can do but i can't help but feel embarrassed and frustrated at myself. Ive been doing the course for 2 years and I've struggled with it so much, literally getting Ds and Es on my mocks and i feel like my actual exams have been going worse than my mocks! Seriously, its doing my head in. I need a C for it at Uni but i highly doubt I'm going to get it. And since my entry requirements have already been dropped from AAB to BBC at uni (C in Maths) Im sh***** it. I also have a ton of family pressure and i know they're going to be appalled at my grade since I'm a A/B grade student in other subjects. I feel like my other exams for Computer Science and Geography have gone great, just not maths at all. Its also worth noting that i only took Maths as its needed with CS at uni and i have literally ZERO interest in maths at all. Its always been a topic i struggled on even at GCSE i only got a 7 (A). Im just gutted because it feels like I've tried and spent 2 years on a course and all I'm going to have to show for it is a U grade.
I feel the same - I need Maths to do my degree. Need a B but not looking likely.
mintdrop
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Same here. I got a conditional offer from Cambridge for A*AA and feel like the past two edexcel papers will bring my grade down to below a C...
HanimalGurl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm in the same boat as you, wanting to do computer science at uni, not done it at alevel, grade 7 at GCSE, took maths and chemistry, hatee chemistry with all my soul so doesn't help that maths is pulling me back aswell, I need 120 ucas for my insurance, I got a dist* just need two C's dont even think im gonna get that.
forgotten_one
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I am in the same boat as you and my whole year I have been getting A*s in the mocks but the paper was horrible! I think I got a D or something
Doyouneedmyname
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It seems everyone is feeling very similar, peopleI’ve spoken to at least...best advice is to try and push on and get paper 3 done. Like you said there’s nothing you can do and so the best thing moving forward is to try and enjoy your summer... let’s hope for low grade boundaries eh?
Last edited by Doyouneedmyname; 6 days ago
ItsMaaad
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm in the exact same situation man, got a 7 at GCSE and am also hoping to do computer science at degree level, these exams have been horrible... I was hoping for an A in maths but I'm not so sure now, I'm gonna have to smash paper 3 out the park. Let's pray for low grade boundaries.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads