The Student Room Group

advice on bullying flatmates needed

I am in my second year, living with my flatmates from 1st year as it was 'easier' and had not made close enough friends outside of my flat to move in with.
They were never my type of people but I got on with them, but I did feel uncomfortable with them as overheard them say the odd thing about me. I could never be myself.
I did consider moving out, however did not think there was an option until someone in my cohort was looking for a new room mate to fill in a room next year. So I told them and my landlord I was moving out. This was 4 months ago. They did not take it well. They now completely make me feel alone, shove my things from the drying up board in my cupboard (upside down plates, horizontal glasses, the lot), constantly hear them talk about me (loud enough for me to hear) and making sly comments towards me, putting photos of them on the fridge having parties in the lounge when I am not invited, doing everything in their power to make it feel as uncomfortable as possible.

I have 2 months left of university and I am struggling more and more by the day. Any advice?
Two months left? Unless I'm mistaken it is June now.
That's awful, what horrible behaviour.
If they spread nasty stories or try to make you feel bad in any way just pretend that they don't exist.
But if they threat you, steal or damage any of your possessions- file a police report immediately.
Have as little contact with them as possible, keep your room locked and don't give any of them your new address.
Focus on your studies, hobbies and future ambitions- your life after you get away from them.
I hope your new flatmate has a friendlier personality.
Hey!
I completely understand having horrible housemates! Is there anywhere else you can go that is a nicer environment? Or does your uni offer any services or people you can talk to about this?
Reply 4
medical course, last exam is mid August
Original post by ChrisW99
Two months left? Unless I'm mistaken it is June now.
Reply 5
Hey!

To be honest I have been going home a lot, which has helped, but £80 a trip home, it has been costly. I have spoken to services at my university but apart from me moving into accommodation, costing most money, they can't really do much unfortunately. I just keep myself to myself but it is a low feeling unfortunately.
Original post by Tayter-Tot
Hey!
I completely understand having horrible housemates! Is there anywhere else you can go that is a nicer environment? Or does your uni offer any services or people you can talk to about this?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey!

To be honest I have been going home a lot, which has helped, but £80 a trip home, it has been costly. I have spoken to services at my university but apart from me moving into accommodation, costing most money, they can't really do much unfortunately. I just keep myself to myself but it is a low feeling unfortunately.

I get that feeling, but just remember that it’s not long left at all!! Next year will be better!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending