Year 11s what funny or surprising things do you remember happening during your exams? Watch

mjhmichael18
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
GCSEs are almost over!
So it is time for some giggles and surprises.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'll tell you a story from my GCSEs (many moons ago) that might make you giggle.

We were in the sports hall and, from time to time, birds manage to get in there through the double doors. In our maths exam, one did. It was flying around and pooing, so obviously couldn't just leave it as it put the papers at risk. So two of the teachers tried to make a "capture net" out of hockey sticks and a badminton net, and (while we were still supposed to be doing our exam, I will add) wandered up and down the sports hall, carrying this stupid net over our heads, which was nowhere near high enough to get the bird anyway, as it kept fluttering up to the pipes at the top of the room. This just carried on and they eventually gave up, and the bird stayed. Happy days.
Last edited by xoxAngel_Kxox; 6 days ago
Subhaan1231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Well today I walked in late and friend thought it would be funny to put sugar all over my desk and seat which then a lot dropped on the floor. I was walking to me desk while everyone had started the exam and I nearly slipped but caught my ground and half the hall was looking they all bursted out in laughter. Loooooooooool
StarWinchester
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
1)
before the music written exam even started, someone spilt all their water onto the paper. It was just one of those things that make you laugh so much that you can't stop. They also had to test the CD to see if it worked and we all had to go outside in the rain and idek why it was so funny.

2) Person infront of me screwed up his exam timetable and threw it at his friend and the invigilator made them stay behind.

3) Someone purposely trying to wind up the invigilator whilst they were collecting papers by scrunching their water bottle up but the invigilator not even hearing them.

4) I live in a seaside town so SEAGULLS THAT DO NOT SHUT UP

5) Someone burping in the middle of the exam then going "oh my god"

6)Invigilator almost falling over chair then going "****" then us trying not to laugh

these were all much funnier if you were actually there. I guess we're so tired during exams so anything is funny
nichtzudanken
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Well, the weirdest thing that happened was when the chief invigilator, after having read the exam instructions, said "it's X's birthday today." After that, people in the exam hall began to sing happy birthday to X. I was sat there in shock. Eventually everyone stopped and the exam went as normal.
Qadeer1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
1) Someone triggered the fire alarm at the end of our Physics Paper 1. Presumably out of rage; funny for the combined science kids who had finished their exams but annoying for separate science. The time was about 2 minutes from the end of the school day so a voice on the tannoy started screaming "DO NOT EVACUATE DO NOT EVACUATE", and the sense of desperation and frustration was amusing, I can't lie. Didn't get any extra time for the disruption though.

2) 2 phones went off during Biology Paper 2. Again, since comb science leave before sep science, they were all searched before they get their bags. The invigilators did this by dismissing them one row at a time into the second room down the hallway (our bags are stored in the first). Despite every row being searched excluding us sep science kids, they didn't find the kid with the phone as he was sneaky and cut across to the bag room before even entering the room where he would have got searched. It was a brick phone as well, and people had good reason to believe it's used for illicit activities.

3) Our main invigilator is an wee 5'7/5'8 man called John, grey curly hair that wraps around his head and glasses. One day his voice had gone, and they had to get one of the btec backup invigilators to do it. On this occasion it was an Indian lady who pretty much said "Write name and candidate number before she went inaudible as she started muttering." And then John had to go over and tell her she forgot to mention the centre number and read out the rules. (I'll admit this was isn't as funny to read about; more of a "if you were there, it was funny" moment, since her face said it all.

4) Notoriously loud and obnoxious farting during one of the English exams, prompting laughter from everyone.

5) I don't do music, but all the dons who do music have informed me that in one their exams, they had to compare "punjabi mc mundian te bach ke" song which is a pop culture meme pretty much. (Look it up if you haven't heard of it ).
Ishouldrevise123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
1)there’s an invigilator with weird shoes and EVERY time she moves her shoes squeak so loud,just imagine that in our dead silent exam room.
2)This is only funny if you’re there but there’s this one invigilator who stands by the door as we enter and says good morning every few seconds and he sounds sooo chirpy and happy and then there’s us entering stressed and moody.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads