smith.214
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can someone explain to me ' stratified sample'. Also what points could i include in the 16 marker ' describe the two speed economy and options to overcome the gap between the south east and north of england
Emerald engineer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by smith.214)
Can someone explain to me ' stratified sample'. Also what points could i include in the 16 marker ' describe the two speed economy and options to overcome the gap between the south east and north of england
Stratified sampling would be sorting things out into groups for example on our trips to the coast and a city we sorted out the locations we would visit into groups based on what we wanted to collect. E.g. on the coast trip planning the areas in advance without exact intervals meant we could cover the whole beach without using a systematic approach so it was faster and it represented the beach more.
Emerald engineer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by smith.214)
For two speed economy you could talk about the division between the south east and the rest of the UK as south England has London the capital city which attracts economic investments from businesses, also land is flat so easier to build on. However in the rest of the UK often the relief(shape of the land) is bumpy towards the north and so less can be built there so less businesses go there and less money is invested there. The overcome this gap schemes like the HS2 (high speed 2) are done. HS2 is a high speed train railway system. this will help connect the capital city to the rest of the UK so it is easier to travel to places like the north which were otherwise difficult to get to so more work and business can rise. This will increase the economy to the north reducing the gap between the economy in the south east and the north.
smith.214
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks
(Original post by DennisChin)
For two speed economy you could talk about the division between the south east and the rest of the UK as south England has London the capital city which attracts economic investments from businesses, also land is flat so easier to build on. However in the rest of the UK often the relief(shape of the land) is bumpy towards the north and so less can be built there so less businesses go there and less money is invested there. The overcome this gap schemes like the HS2 (high speed 2) are done. HS2 is a high speed train railway system. this will help connect the capital city to the rest of the UK so it is easier to travel to places like the north which were otherwise difficult to get to so more work and business can rise. This will increase the economy to the north reducing the gap between the economy in the south east and the north.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (720)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (911)
42.83%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (403)
18.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.37%

Watched Threads