Grammer school help!! Watch

BeyondBirthday
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I applied to this grammer school in my area and luckily they gave me a conditional offer. I chose bio Chem maths but under the condition that I get a grade 7 or above in all of them.

I was pretty confident before GCSEs and I was planning to get all 8/9s but kept procrastinating until the night before the exams (pretty stupid, right?)

Because of this I think I got 7/8 in the sciences but I think I got a 6 in maths. I’m scared that they won’t give me the place.

I’m planning to change maths to computer science or something.
I’m feeling very insecure because since I agreed to the conditional offer they might not let me change subjects. After hearing my grade in maths they might even outright reject me.

Would they let me change it?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
StarWinchester
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hopefully, if your computer science grade is what they want, they will want you to change. They want students who will do well in exams as obviously they only pick certain students. I would assume that they would let you switch however if they don't and you don't think you will get the right maths grade, make sure you have a backup college to go to!
You could send them an email right now to ask. My friend is in a similar situation as she needs 7's in science but thinks she got 5's and 6's so is emailing them to check what will happen :-)
BeyondBirthday
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by StarWinchester)
Hopefully, if your computer science grade is what they want, they will want you to change. They want students who will do well in exams as obviously they only pick certain students. I would assume that they would let you switch however if they don't and you don't think you will get the right maths grade, make sure you have a backup college to go to!
You could send them an email right now to ask. My friend is in a similar situation as she needs 7's in science but thinks she got 5's and 6's so is emailing them to check what will happen :-)
Thanks so much!! I didn’t actually think of contacting them and it never occurred to me. Hopefully my message will reach them. I’ll try contacting them as well. Thank you for the suggestion. My guilt is starting to recede. Thanks again!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
vix.xvi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
hey i think if you wanted to do maths at a level but cant cuz of your grade, if you actualy enojy that subject and want to do it, i dont think you should change that subject for computer science unless you have changed your mind. worst case scenario you dont get in, but maybe you get to do the subjects you enjoy. but if your grade in maths has made u change ur mind abt the subject, if u want to you could change it to computer science.

idk if this helped xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads