What is the BEST university I can get into with CCC? Watch

ZoehLawliet
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I only have one A level exam left to go and I'm afraid they have not gone as well as I had hoped. I certainly don't think I've failed anything, but it's more than likely I'll be getting CCC which is very different to the ABB I was predicted.

When I apply for clearing I need to know what the absolute BEST university I can get into for Politics and International relations is so that I can look into their course and location early.

Additionally, my insurance choice is Kent who are asking for BBB, is there any chance they would still take me with CCC?

Any suggestions/advice would be very helpful, thanks!
Last edited by ZoehLawliet; 5 days ago
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ZoehLawliet)
I only have one A level exam left to go and I'm afraid they have not gone as well as I had hoped. I certainly don't think I've failed anything, but it's more than likely I'll be getting CCC which is very different to the ABB I was predicted.

When I apply for clearing I need to know what the absolute BEST university I can get into for Politics and International relations is so that I can look into their course and location early.

Additionally, my insurance choice is Kent who are asking for BBB, is there any chance they would still take me with CCC?

A grade or two drop and they may let you in but generally not more than that.
Would you do a foundation year?
ZoehLawliet
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
A grade or two drop and they may let you in but generally not more than that.
Would you do a foundation year?
I would definitely do a foundation year if it meant going to a better university. Any ideas on specific universities that would offer this for Politics and International relations?
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I would definitely do a foundation year if it meant going to a better university. Any ideas on specific universities that would offer this for Politics and International relations?
Uwe and Uel
学生の父
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi, although it's good to have a plan B and C, you don't yet know how well (or badly) you've done. Leave those worries to the examiners and the women and men with pointy heads who make the grade boundaries. Who knows, you may well wake up on 15 August to see all your dreams fulfilled.

So, plan C (for Clearing): Swansea University, for example, will admit you to the 4-year International Relations with a Foundation Year BA (Hons) with as low as DDD. There are other still options in universities with excellent reputations.

Take a look around, so that you have other options up your sleave should the worst really come to the worst.

Hope for the best, and plan for the worst.

ZoehLawliet
Rep:
?
Thank you so much! That's very helpful
(Original post by 学生の父)
Hi, although it's good to have a plan B and C, you don't yet know how well (or badly) you've done. Leave those worries to the examiners and the women and men with pointy heads who make the grade boundaries. Who knows, you may well wake up on 15 August to see all your dreams fulfilled.

So, plan C (for Clearing): Swansea University, for example, will admit you to the 4-year International Relations with a Foundation Year BA (Hons) with as low as DDD. There are other still options in universities with excellent reputations.

Take a look around, so that you have other options up your sleave should the worst really come to the worst.

Hope for the best, and plan for the worst.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (316)
15.27%
The paper was reasonable (1133)
54.76%
Not feeling great about that exam... (454)
21.94%
It was TERRIBLE (166)
8.02%

Watched Threads