Can i change my course on results day?? (and mayhaps i want to change it to medicine) Watch

eylyalulu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
so basically i've applied for biomed at both Bath and Bristol, bath being my firm ( i need AAA to get in) and Bristol my insurance choice (ABB). honestly i never really...knew what i wanted to do and i kinda always liked the idea of medicine but i was really worried that it'd be too hard to get in so i didn't bother trying to apply ... only to find out recently that someone i know was able to get an offer at Bristol with ABB? which is less than my biomed offer? which i chose cuz i thought it would be easier to get in? and now im panicking and i have an exam tomorrow but i cant stop panicking and worrying over this?

so i was wondering if there was any way in which once i get my results and im sure i got the grades to do medicine.. i can call the uni and ask?
dhdhu2373828
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'd suggest emailing the university directly? have a chat with the admissions team
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
very unlikely most medicine courses will be full
(Original post by eylyalulu)
so basically i've applied for biomed at both Bath and Bristol, bath being my firm ( i need AAA to get in) and Bristol my insurance choice (ABB). honestly i never really...knew what i wanted to do and i kinda always liked the idea of medicine but i was really worried that it'd be too hard to get in so i didn't bother trying to apply ... only to find out recently that someone i know was able to get an offer at Bristol with ABB? which is less than my biomed offer? which i chose cuz i thought it would be easier to get in? and now im panicking and i have an exam tomorrow but i cant stop panicking and worrying over this?

so i was wondering if there was any way in which once i get my results and im sure i got the grades to do medicine.. i can call the uni and ask?
Em060715
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
unless you have done an Aptitude test in the last year, for 2019 entry there will be no way to get in through clearing ( besides only At George's med school offers clearing places for medicine ) you would have to gap year and reapply with an aptitude test ( UCAT/BMAT).
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
GANFYD
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by eylyalulu)

You will need to have sat the UCAT and/or BMAT to even be considered for any places in clearing/adjustment as well as meet any GCSE requirements and write a suitable PS. Nobody is admitted to medicine without an admission test in the required range and an interview. An applicant is supposed to have sat the UCAT in the year prior to admission, ie 2018 for 2019 entry, though some med schools have accepted the UCAT sat same year for clearing, ie 2019 for 2019 entry (though theere is no guarantee they will do so again as each cohort should only be compared with others from the same cohort, so you would need to call and check this) so you could always sit it now and prepare your PS. It is the case that most clearing places for medicine do not make it to the official clearing channels (last year there were 4 or 5 unis who had places) so you would need to check in advance what criteria you need to meet and then start calling first thing on results day.
See here for med school minimum requirements, but bear in mind many require far more than the minimum to be competitive:
https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf

You will also have to get your current unis to release you as you cannot accept a place unless they do this.

Otherwise it is take a gap year and reapply, but bear in mind you can only sit the UCAT once in an application cycle, so if you sit it before results day you will not get another go. Bristol have needed around 690 on the UCAT for an interview this year and that is not likely to go down for anybody being considered through clearing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (317)
15.3%
The paper was reasonable (1134)
54.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (454)
21.91%
It was TERRIBLE (167)
8.06%

Watched Threads