Geography Paper 3 Watch

17ehoque
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Why is it so easy for illegal deforestation to take place?
DennisChin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It used to be however I think nowadays it occurs less as the consequences of getting caught are not worth cutting the trees down.
1400dmb
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
is this edexcel because someone just help me with the whole bloody paper tbh x i think it's just because the forests are so big and not urban so if someone goes and chops down some trees then they probably won't get caught
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DennisChin
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by 1400dmb)
is this edexcel because someone just help me with the whole bloody paper tbh x i think it's just because the forests are so big and not urban so if someone goes and chops down some trees then they probably won't get caught
I'm doing edexcel, there's barely any people doing it on here everyones doing AQA
DennisChin
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
What are you struggling with, I can try to help
Scrimbim
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Because Edexcel makes money from illegal logging. And then they spend the money on doing us up the bum with weird questions while they sit and laugh in their lush offices twiddling their thumbs
1400dmb
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by DennisChin)
I'm doing edexcel, there's barely any people doing it on here everyones doing AQA
literally, i'm struggling so much to find GOOD resources to revise from😂so much easier for science when there's free science lessons and primrose kitten;; BUT there's a guy on youtube though called HLS Geog & he has walkthrough videos which i found quite helpful, some topic summaries my teacher put together (can send you them if you want) and a textbook i nicked from school hahaha
DennisChin
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Scrimbim)
Because Edexcel makes money from illegal logging. And then they spend the money on doing us up the bum with weird questions while they sit and laugh in their lush offices twiddling their thumbs
Yeah the fact they give us options for different sections and leave both of them inside the paper is very wasteful, in other subjects they just give them the paper they need whilst we have 2 parts which are like 2 to 4 page that we are not suppose to write on
1400dmb
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
What are you struggling with, I can try to help
basically i wanted to do it for a level but now i'm put off because i'm struggling with revision- and i need a 7 to do it at my sixth form ; but just actually remembering stuff like that diagram for rainforests & taiga with biomass litter & soil, and getting a good mark in decision making. i got a 6 on the mock for paper 3
DennisChin
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
basically i wanted to do it for a level but now i'm put off because i'm struggling with revision- and i need a 7 to do it at my sixth form ; but just actually remembering stuff like that diagram for rainforests & taiga with biomass litter & soil, and getting a good mark in decision making. i got a 6 on the mock for paper 3
Yeah I understand your pain, the case studies, the horrible circulation cells, and the weird long mark questions. At least for edexcel geography A I know that in paper 3 there's nothing on rainforests just case studies and the UK as a whole, if you're doing A is suggest you focus on the UK part of the paper as there is a lot of marks and the last question is usually a 16 marker (4 for SPAG). The information is quite simple to remember and they can really boost your mark. If you can do well in this paper it will definitely boost your grade. Also we get 90 minutes for 60 marks which is good!
17ehoque
Rep:
?
I swear there's more questions in Edexcel than Aqa; that's what my friends told me anyways
DennisChin
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by 17ehoque)
I swear there's more questions in Edexcel than Aqa; that's what my friends told me anyways
Well we get 1 hour 30 for 60 marks which is a lot more than any other paper
samanthawongx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by 17ehoque)
Why is it so easy for illegal deforestation to take place?
it happens in a large scale in developing countries because of corruption and weak laws
Nikita23_23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If anybody’s doing AQA could you please help me I’m struggling on what topics or what I need to revise thanks x
17ehoque
Rep:
?
Lmao I agree
(Original post by Scrimbim)
1400dmb
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yeah I understand your pain, the case studies, the horrible circulation cells, and the weird long mark questions. At least for edexcel geography A I know that in paper 3 there's nothing on rainforests just case studies and the UK as a whole, if you're doing A is suggest you focus on the UK part of the paper as there is a lot of marks and the last question is usually a 16 marker (4 for SPAG). The information is quite simple to remember and they can really boost your mark. If you can do well in this paper it will definitely boost your grade. Also we get 90 minutes for 60 marks which is good!
oh i do edexcel B , i think they're similar but they've maybe just mixed around what topics are on each paper, but we still do the same content?? i'm not too sure- ours is basically on people& the biosphere, forests under threat (taiga + rainforests) and consuming energy resources. we get given a resource booklet with a load of graphs and stuff in on a particular issue like palm oil or something and then we answer questions about them + have a 16 mark decision making exercise at the end. it's the easiest of the papers tbf, it's only worth 25% though and im annoyed i didn't revise as well for the other 2 as i should have😂 if you want though i can send you some PDF's about the UK topics that my head of geography wrote -- that was our paper 2
1400dmb
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Nikita23_23)
If anybody’s doing AQA could you please help me I’m struggling on what topics or what I need to revise thanks x
i do edexcel but if you google AQA geography specification 9-1 it should come up with a PDF that details what's on each paper / i assume it's just the rest of the topics that haven't come up already
DennisChin
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
oh i do edexcel B , i think they're similar but they've maybe just mixed around what topics are on each paper, but we still do the same content?? i'm not too sure- ours is basically on people& the biosphere, forests under threat (taiga + rainforests) and consuming energy resources. we get given a resource booklet with a load of graphs and stuff in on a particular issue like palm oil or something and then we answer questions about them + have a 16 mark decision making exercise at the end. it's the easiest of the papers tbf, it's only worth 25% though and im annoyed i didn't revise as well for the other 2 as i should have😂 if you want though i can send you some PDF's about the UK topics that my head of geography wrote -- that was our paper 2
Yeah I think they might be similar but generally the topics may be different like we are given a booklet with load of different pictures and graphs to answer some of the questions on, but our 16 marker is always Discuss which is kind of confusing, if you could send the PDF's it would be really appreciated, thanks!
1400dmb
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yeah I think they might be similar but generally the topics may be different like we are given a booklet with load of different pictures and graphs to answer some of the questions on, but our 16 marker is always Discuss which is kind of confusing, if you could send the PDF's it would be really appreciated, thanks!
i have literally no clue how to use this because i only downloaded it today, so i don't know if i can send you them on this or not, i can email you them if you like? would probably be easier than on IG / snap etc because they're longish PDF's & i have key word lists as well for each topic
DennisChin
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
i have literally no clue how to use this because i only downloaded it today, so i don't know if i can send you them on this or not, i can email you them if you like? would probably be easier than on IG / snap etc because they're longish PDF's & i have key word lists as well for each topic
I think as you click reply you will see a paper clip symbol, if you can attach the file with that I think I can open it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (286)
15.2%
The paper was reasonable (1043)
55.45%
Not feeling great about that exam... (407)
21.64%
It was TERRIBLE (145)
7.71%

Watched Threads