took wrong dosage of medication Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I'm taking depakine chrono 500 and epilim (chrono?) 300, 300 is in the morning and 500 in the evening. I accidentally took 300 again just now and don't know what to do, I only realised after I swallowed the pill. What do I take tomorrow? Are there any side effects as the pills are for epilepsy? I would usually ask my mum but she's away and I can't contact her.

Please any advice would be appreciated
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm taking depakine chrono 500 and epilim (chrono?) 300, 300 is in the morning and 500 in the evening. I accidentally took 300 again just now and don't know what to do, I only realised after I swallowed the pill. What do I take tomorrow? Are there any side effects as the pills are for epilepsy? I would usually ask my mum but she's away and I can't contact her.

Please any advice would be appreciated
Just take your usual dose tomorrow.

Missing your epilepsy tablets, or taking incorrect dosage can lead to seizures - so please be more careful in the future.

Note: I am a neurologist.
Anonymous #1
thank you luckily they're triggered by lack of sleep and stress and I don't have any exams tomorrow so I can sleep in a bit
(Original post by ecolier)

Missing your epilepsy tablets, or taking incorrect dosage can lead to seizures - so please be more careful in the future.

Note: I am a neurologist.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
thank you luckily they're triggered by lack of sleep and stress and I don't have any exams tomorrow so I can sleep in a bit
Do what you have to do.

I have seen so many seizures after people missed their medication (usually elderly) that it must be reinforced how important it is to take the correct medication at the prescribed dose.

Sodium valproate is a useful epilepsy drug but it has some side effects (especially for women in child-bearing age) so discuss with your GP / neurologist if you have any questions in the future.

:goodluck:
Anonymous #1
Anonymous #1
do I just take 300 in the morning and 500 in the evening, or do it the other way around to ''balance'' it out?
black tea
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
do I just take 300 in the morning and 500 in the evening, or do it the other way around to ''balance'' it out?
See the advice below :rolleyes:
(Original post by ecolier)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.19%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.6%
It was TERRIBLE (144)
7.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed