The Student Room Group

Maths EDEXCEL GRADE BOUNDARIES 2019

What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?
A lot lower than last year or just a little?
I found all 3 papers harder than mocks including last years paper.
But honestly I scored highest on paper 3 for some reason.
Total around 108

Scroll to see replies

I think I've got around 186 - so hopefully an 8 (55 in paper 3 - 10 marks less than 1 and 11 less than paper 2 - it was terrible)
here are the predicted grade boundaries. When we did paper 1 and 2 I thought they were low, now I think they're about right.

Screenshot 2019-06-09 at 13.22.58.png
Reply 2
Where did the predicted grades come from
Original post by Josef j1
Where did the predicted grades come from

a teacher
Reply 4
Original post by Dayo03
I think I've got around 186 - so hopefully an 8 (55 in paper 3 - 10 marks less than 1 and 11 less than paper 2 - it was terrible)
here are the predicted grade boundaries. When we did paper 1 and 2 I thought they were low, now I think they're about right.

Would you say I secured a 6? And how right are these have they predicted close previously ?
Original post by Hasan167
Would you say I secured a 6? And how right are these have they predicted close previously ?

yeh i'd say you secured a 6, last year was 109 for a 6 and the grade boundaries are going down so .. yh
idk if they have been right before tho
Reply 6
Original post by Dayo03
yeh i'd say you secured a 6, last year was 109 for a 6 and the grade boundaries are going down so .. yh
idk if they have been right before tho

Ah ok it’s very bizarre majority have said they are going down however there has been a few minority maybe trolling that have said they going up which is worrying me
Reply 7
Obviously the only people who know the boundaries will be Edexcel. I’d say the paper was harder than 2018 but easier than 2017 so it’ll be somewhere in between as a guess like 65 per paper for a 9
Reply 8
Honestly I think I did well whiteout revising at all
Reply 9
Original post by skent6
Obviously the only people who know the boundaries will be Edexcel. I’d say the paper was harder than 2018 but easier than 2017 so it’ll be somewhere in between as a guess like 65 per paper for a 9

What were the boundaries in 2017 for a 6?
Reply 10
I got 167, grade?
Reply 11
Original post by skent6

Some people have said it was harder than both 18 and 17
Reply 12
I agree.
Some people have said it was harder than both 18 and 17
Reply 13
Original post by moftw
I agree.

I found it way hared than 18 and about the same as 17 or even worse
Original post by Dayo03

Woah the grade 7 mark - you're predicting that to drop by a whole 16 marks! Thats a lot to ba honest
Ah ok it’s very bizarre majority have said they are going down however there has been a few minority maybe trolling that have said they going up which is worrying me

Don't worry about those people. They're just bored - have nothing to do and feel it ok to be stressing people out. Listen to the majority, but at the same time don't think about this too much. Have fun, your exams are almost over then you can be free - think about that yeh. Bc I can guarantee you, you'll get your grade 6 - don't worry
Original post by Baby_Mama
Woah the grade 7 mark - you're predicting that to drop by a whole 16 marks! Thats a lot to ba honest

I didn't make them - but yeh that's only like 5 marks per paper and think about the almost impossible 4/5 markers at the end ...
Original post by Dayo03
I didn't make them - but yeh that's only like 5 marks per paper and think about the almost impossible 4/5 markers at the end ...

I hope its 123 out of 240 for a grade 7 xD
Reply 18
Original post by Dayo03
Don't worry about those people. They're just bored - have nothing to do and feel it ok to be stressing people out. Listen to the majority, but at the same time don't think about this too much. Have fun, your exams are almost over then you can be free - think about that yeh. Bc I can guarantee you, you'll get your grade 6 - don't worry

Thanks dude
Reply 19
For me I predict:
3-27
4- 48
5-72
6-102
7-128
8-161
9-196

Quick Reply

Latest