The Student Room Group

If I don’t meet my gcse maths grade

If I don’t meet my grade for maths (6) by like 2-3 marks will my college show some leniency and allow me to do a level maths or are they that harsh I’ll have to resiT.
There is a good chance you may have to resit as the same happened at my sixthform those who didn't get the grade 6 were not accepted onto the course for maths. best of luck!
Reply 2
Maths is a tough course, not easy to get leniency
Original post by Hasan167
If I don’t meet my grade for maths (6) by like 2-3 marks will my college show some leniency and allow me to do a level maths or are they that harsh I’ll have to resiT.

Based on the GCSE exam papers I've seen this year and the difficulty of the A level papers I've just looked through, if you don't comfortably achieve at least a 6 you should seriously think about choosing a different A level in a subject you excel at.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
Based on the GCSE exam papers I've seen this year and the difficulty of the A level papers I've just looked though, if you don't comfortably achieve at least a 6 you should seriously think about choosing a different A level in a subject you excel at.

I am generally achieving 6s and 7s at mock exams however these exams sort of hit me hard as they were harder than previous years
As were the A level papers. If you only achieve a 5 I would advise a rethink about taking A level maths. Talk to a maths teacher at your current school who really knows your potential and see what they advise.
Original post by Hasan167
I am generally achieving 6s and 7s at mock exams however these exams sort of hit me hard as they were harder than previous years
Reply 6
Original post by gdunne42
As were the A level papers. If you only achieve a 5 I would advise a rethink about taking A level maths. Talk to a maths teacher at your current school who really knows your potential and see what they advise.

Ok cool, I do believe I may get the 6 as I’m ranging at 105-116 marks just depends on the boundaries
it depends on your sixth form, there were people who failed english GCSE and were allowed to do it for alevel.
Reply 8
Original post by nintysixthousand
it depends on your sixth form, there were people who failed english GCSE and were allowed to do it for alevel.

The sixth form would be Connell sixth form in Manchester not sure

Quick Reply

Latest