Salters nuffield biology Watch

d3vkfc
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
are there any tips that I can get for my biology next year in year 13. I had did the AS level this year and I think I will fail, if I do do you think its impossible for me to recover. Also are there any notes I can have to help me please.
Xjabnrlv_saadx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
No it’s 100% possible to recover! Please don’t doubt yourself!! It took me HARD HARD work to get to the point where I was achieving grades in my biology A level but it only happened in year 13! Honestly I went from Us to As/Bs with a bit of hard work!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
juicyapples
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I do Salters Nuffield and this is how I get As/A*s: I basically note the entire CGP SNAB Biology revision guide. I then do past paper after past paper and learn the mark schemes as you have to know how to accurately express yourself in your answers. Don't doubt yourself!!
d3vkfc
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xjabnrlv_saadx)
No it’s 100% possible to recover! Please don’t doubt yourself!! It took me HARD HARD work to get to the point where I was achieving grades in my biology A level but it only happened in year 13! Honestly I went from Us to As/Bs with a bit of hard work!
thank you man, im feeling more confident now
how long and how often did you revise, and did you revise alot during summer
Last edited by d3vkfc; 6 days ago
d3vkfc
Rep:
?
(Original post by juicyapples)
I do Salters Nuffield and this is how I get As/A*s: I basically note the entire CGP SNAB Biology revision guide. I then do past paper after past paper and learn the mark schemes as you have to know how to accurately express yourself in your answers. Don't doubt yourself!!
thank you, I will try this
how often and how long do you revise and did you do the exams in one sitting
Xjabnrlv_saadx
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by d3vkfc)
thank you man, im feeling more confident now
how long and how often did you revise, and did you revise alot during summer
Yeah I did a bit over summer but also have a break coz it’s your summer and year 13 is HARD work I’m ngl to you. I know aqa a level biology got so much harder in year 13 😅 but just have a bit of structure and do an hour a day til Christmas, then rank up the intensity closer to exams
juicyapples
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm currently sitting the exams. I have my second paper tomorrow, but the first one went well. I'd say I revise for at least an hour every day for biology, whether that be making notes or completing homework. Make notes as you go along though as you don't want to be in the position hurriedly making them!
thank you, I will try this
how often and how long do you revise and did you do the exams in one sitting
d3vkfc
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by juicyapples)
I'm currently sitting the exams. I have my second paper tomorrow, but the first one went well. I'd say I revise for at least an hour every day for biology, whether that be making notes or completing homework. Make notes as you go along though as you don't want to be in the position hurriedly making them!
good luck for your exams, but I meant as in practice papers, how do you structure your revision with them. Would you sit the paper one day and then mark on the same day, would you mark it one question at a time, how did they help you?
d3vkfc
Rep:
?
Yeah I did a bit over summer but also have a break coz it’s your summer and year 13 is HARD work I’m ngl to you. I know aqa a level biology got so much harder in year 13 😅 but just have a bit of structure and do an hour a day til Christmas, then rank up the intensity closer to exams
thank yo, I will try an hour a day but i procrastinate a lot, any anti-procrastinate tips
Xjabnrlv_saadx
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
thank yo, I will try an hour a day but i procrastinate a lot, any anti-procrastinate tips
Put your fave playlist on, and if you can’t manage an hour try 3 20 minute chunks of revision with 15 minute breaks in between!
d3vkfc
Rep:
?
Put your fave playlist on, and if you can’t manage an hour try 3 20 minute chunks of revision with 15 minute breaks in between!
yeh ,that sounds much better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads