Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So basically I'm in year 10 and I'm sitting:
biology paper 1
chemistry paper 1
physics paper 1
welsh literature
English literature
History (Germany)

I think I might have to resit physics, welsh lit and biology next year in year 11 because I really want A/A* in them but I know that I've left revision until last minute.

Will this have an effect on applying to universities in the future because I've resat or no?
RazzzBerries
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It depends on the Uni, as some take your first grade into account as opposed to the resit grade.
d15loisjones
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Would it make a huge difference or no because I'm re sitting in year 11 which is the year most students sit their papers anyways?
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
It depends on the Uni, as some take your first grade into account as opposed to the resit grade.
RazzzBerries
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by d15loisjones)
Would it make a huge difference or no because I'm re sitting in year 11 which is the year most students sit their papers anyways?
i honestly don't know, sorry! :lol: Like I said, it probably depends on the uni/prestige. Some may be more picky than others, or in certain subjects like core ones. Try looking their websites up on google and see whether the entry requirements say much about them.
d15loisjones
Rep:
?
Ok I will! Thanks anyways !
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
i honestly don't know, sorry! :lol: Like I said, it probably depends on the uni/prestige. Some may be more picky than others, or in certain subjects like core ones. Try looking their websites up on google and see whether the entry requirements say much about them.
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
So basically I'm in year 10 and I'm sitting:
biology paper 1
chemistry paper 1
physics paper 1
welsh literature
English literature
History (Germany)

I think I might have to resit physics, welsh lit and biology next year in year 11 because I really want A/A* in them but I know that I've left revision until last minute.

Will this have an effect on applying to universities in the future because I've resat or no?
Are any of these the whole qualification or just part of it [modular GCSE}?
d15loisjones
Rep:
?
Yeah I'm sitting just part of the qualification - For example I have two papers (and coursework) for biology and I'm sitting an exam early this year.
(Original post by Muttley79)
Are any of these the whole qualification or just part of it [modular GCSE}?
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yeah I'm sitting just part of the qualification - For example I have two papers (and coursework) for biology and I'm sitting an exam early this year.
They won't know then - it's only when you get an actual GCSE and want to resit that you have to declare both results.
d15loisjones
Rep:
?
Ah really?! I'm so relieved because I'm such a stress head and thought that universities wouldn't accept me because I've had to resit a GCSE exam. Because I want all A/A* with an exception of maybe a B in one subject, because I really want to go into medicine. Thank you so much for replying because I litro just had a meltdown over 3 GCSE examinations and I haven't even done my a levels yet!
(Original post by Muttley79)
They won't know then - it's only when you get an actual GCSE and want to resit that you have to declare both results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads