Takes forever to reply Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
My girlfriend takes 1-2 hours to reply to my messages and it makes me anxious and worried. I feel like I don't meed much to her and I feel like **** becasue of it She is normally active on her phone but it takes like 3 minutes to reply. Why cannot she find the time to reply faster? I ahve talked to her about it and she said not to worry she will reply when she replies. BUt I cannot stop feeling axnious over the time it takes to get a simple reply!

I am quick on the replies, usually within 15-30 minutes as I want her to know she means a lot to me.

How do I talk to her about it and do people do the same?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
...I am quick on the replies, usually within 15-30 minutes as I want her to know she means a lot to me....
:lol: :laugh: :rofl:

I reply in seconds, if it's any later I'll always explain why I couldn't reply immediately (unless I am sleeping or actually doing stuff, then I will explain afterwards).

Sorry I can't help with your problem. That's just her personal preference - you'll have to live with that.
MidgetFever
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
It's pretty normal for people to be doing stuff whilst messaging, which is likely the case. Doesn't mean she loves you any less because of it.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
People have lives outside of their phone.

If you see each other often this shouldn't be a big deal. If you don't see each other much then maybe ask that she takes the time now and then to focus just on you? A phone call might be better for this than texting.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My girlfriend takes 1-2 hours to reply to my messages and it makes me anxious and worried. I feel like I don't meed much to her and I feel like **** becasue of it She is normally active on her phone but it takes like 3 minutes to reply. Why cannot she find the time to reply faster? I ahve talked to her about it and she said not to worry she will reply when she replies. BUt I cannot stop feeling axnious over the time it takes to get a simple reply!

I am quick on the replies, usually within 15-30 minutes as I want her to know she means a lot to me.

How do I talk to her about it and do people do the same?
Nothing to worry about. That's just how she is. You don't want to come across as controlling. Let her be natural with you. The last thing you want is a person to just feel obliged to like or love you because you like them- it never works!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads