Offer query Watch

hazmort
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
If i miss my conditional offer but still do better than my insurance, am i allowed to look around for other courses or do i still have to go to my insurance?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
LucyH2001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
you could either go through clearing or adjustment. there's more info on UCAS about either but essentially I don't think that you would have to go to your insurance if you didn't want to(however there is a policy where universities do have to 'release' you to go through clearing, and depending on which it is sometimes they can drag their feet)
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by hazmort)
If i miss my conditional offer but still do better than my insurance, am i allowed to look around for other courses or do i still have to go to my insurance?
If you are close to your conditional there is still a reasonable chance they will take you in all but the elite unis.
If you are rejected by your firm, then it auto goes to your insurance, but you can decline that if you have to. That means you can have a quick look on clearing, but cant officially enter it. If you see a course you prefer, talk to their admissions and they might give you an indication although no official processes can take place. If you decide you want to change, then reject your insurance and go into clearing. They cant force you to go.

From this year UCAS are providing a self release feature, so you can do it from track rather than asking them. That would put you into clearing and enable you to proceed with your new preferred course. This should be to your advantage by speeding up the process.
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
also in addition to the above if you dont want to go to your insurance choice why have it. You can asked to be released frim your insurance choice and then go straight into clearing. Your insurance choice is meant to be somewhere you WANT to go should you be rejected by your firm.
hazmort
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
If you are close to your conditional there is still a reasonable chance they will take you in all but the elite unis.
If you are rejected by your firm, then it auto goes to your insurance, but you can decline that if you have to. That means you can have a quick look on clearing, but cant officially enter it. If you see a course you prefer, talk to their admissions and they might give you an indication although no official processes can take place. If you decide you want to change, then reject your insurance and go into clearing. They cant force you to go.

From this year UCAS are providing a self release feature, so you can do it from track rather than asking them. That would put you into clearing and enable you to proceed with your new preferred course. This should be to your advantage by speeding up the process.
Thank you for this 🙌
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (316)
15.3%
The paper was reasonable (1132)
54.79%
Not feeling great about that exam... (453)
21.93%
It was TERRIBLE (165)
7.99%

Watched Threads