Islam/Islamophobia Watch

juwairiahm
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Do you think Islamophobia would lessen is the future?
Be honest.
Hasan167
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Nope things are about to get worse
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Gent2324
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
considering a country has made it illegal to be gay because islam says so, i suspect hate towards islam is going to increase, alot...
juwairiahm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hasan167)
Nope things are about to get worse
Why do you say that? I personally feel that with the younger generation growing up with more Muslims amongst them they would be more understanding.
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I don’t know.

You could argue that ‘Islamophobia’ has always existed since the Medieval period
juwairiahm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gent2324)
considering a country has made it illegal to be gay because islam says so, i suspect hate towards islam is going to increase, alot...
hmmmm yes i see where you are coming from but that doesn't make us bad people now does it
TasteLikeChicken
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
'Islamaphobia' is a made-up term.

Anti-Muslim sentiment/bigotry is more appropriate, as it's to do with people, not an ideology. It also manages to circumvent the ridiculous notion that criticism of Islam is tantamount to hate/violence.

To the question, I think anti-Muslim sentiment will slowly increase, unfortunately. Mainly due to the emergence of the Far Right (though I don't think it's as rapidly growing as some people say), and knee-jerk reactions from Islamic terror attacks. Maybe the conflict of cultures and lack of assimilation may play a part, too.
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by juwairiahm)
hmmmm yes i see where you are coming from but that doesn't make us bad people now does it
when did i mention hate towards muslims?
Hasan167
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If it’s an Islamic country I see nothing wrong with it. Uk should have it illegal considering it’s a Christian country however they only have it like that when they feel.
Hasan167
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Why do you say that? I personally feel that with the younger generation growing up with more Muslims amongst them they would be more understanding.
Well from the youngest I know they are all nice to your face and asses behind your back. Especially with you being a Muslim but ay
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Hasan167)
If it’s an Islamic country I see nothing wrong with it. Uk should have it illegal considering it’s a Christian country however they only have it like that when they feel.
so is it ok for a country to persecute jews becuase its a Nazi country? i guess theres nothing wrong with it becuase its a nazi country.

you see how that logic is flawed? you are literally saying if they follow a barbaric set of laws, then its absolutely fine for them to carry out those barbaric and horrible laws.
juwairiahm
Rep:
?
I don't know why but I think that with more Muslims becoming more diverse in faith and beliefs the future seems to be rather accepting. I mean when you associate hate towards Muslims its usually done by the older generation rather than the young.
juwairiahm
Rep:
?
so is it ok for a country to persecute jews becuase its a Nazi country? i guess theres nothing wrong with it becuase its a nazi country.

you see how that logic is flawed? you are literally saying if they follow a barbaric set of laws, then its absolutely fine for them to carry out those barbaric and horrible laws.
The nazi wasn't a religion.
TasteLikeChicken
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Why does religion take precedence over other ideologies, then?
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
why does it matter? its a set of beliefs based on faith and not reasoning
PyroVulpese
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Don't think Islamaphobia is about the 'bad people' it's more about people not being able to understand why those 'bad people' seem to embrace Islam. And plus the LGBTQ community doesn't exactly appreciate Islam's Homophobic beliefs either and well when religion gets to impose it's authority on people that don't concern it now that's a problem in this day and age, not even the church has that kind of rule today.
angelike1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Well there are Muslims who are openly homophobic - I would say they are bad people.
Mrs.Grey
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Do you think Islamophobia would lessen is the future?
Be honest.
i don't think it ever will, Islam will always have haters.
juwairiahm
Rep:
?
why does it matter? its a set of beliefs based on faith and not reasoning
We aren't discriminating the LGBT as severe as what the Nazis where doing to the Jews. There is just a minority who go against the gays and this minority is one that is greatly frowned upon by the rest of us. I'm sure if all of us Muslims had such extremist views towards the LGBT there would not be a group that goes by this name. They would be too scared.
juwairiahm
Rep:
?
(Original post by angelike1)
Well there are Muslims who are openly homophobic - I would say they are bad people.
Yes i agree with you 100 percent.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise