The Student Room Group

If I miss my offer and want to see if my firm will still accept me

If I miss my offer and want to see if my firm will still accept me, would it be on a first come first serve basis? Like what is the process?

Say I miss my offer then go into school to pick up my grades. Do I call the firm uni up asap and ask them?

Also, are clearing choices on a first come first serve basis?
universities get the results several days before you and will make the decision on you either way. there is no point in ringing them if they reject you. if you are rejected and placed in clearing then they are on a first come first served basis. You ring the university and they will either offer you a place or not.
Original post by dragostea.2004
If I miss my offer and want to see if my firm will still accept me, would it be on a first come first serve basis? Like what is the process?

Say I miss my offer then go into school to pick up my grades. Do I call the firm uni up asap and ask them?

Also, are clearing choices on a first come first serve basis?
They get the results several days before? I thought they only got them the night before hence they would automatically accept those who met their offers but there wouldn't be enough time to manually go through and accept some of those that didn't make it.
Original post by swanseajack1
universities get the results several days before you and will make the decision on you either way. there is no point in ringing them if they reject you. if you are rejected and placed in clearing then they are on a first come first served basis. You ring the university and they will either offer you a place or not.
Original post by dragostea.2004
They get the results several days before? I thought they only got them the night before hence they would automatically accept those who met their offers but there wouldn't be enough time to manually go through and accept some of those that didn't make it.

No. it's as outlined by Jack.
Thank you

Original post by swanseajack1

Original post by ageshallnot
No. it's as outlined by Jack.
Universities get the results I think it is the Monday before. They automatically accept anybody who has met their grades and placed them as their firm choice and anybody who has put them on their insurance choice and been rejected from their firm and has met the grades. If they still have room they consider near misses and decide whether to accept applicants with dropped grades. They either accept them or opt for clearing. If you are rejected they have made their decision and wont change their mind. You will need to look at other universities in clearing.
Just to add PQ has stated on an old thread that in 2015 over 50% got into university with dropped grades of 2 or more but it CANNOT be guaranteed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending