paigefairley
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hello,

Just received an offer for children's nursing at Salford for January, anybody else on here in the same cohort?

FionaLOck
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I’m doing adult nursing! But I start jan 2020
Zophieb87
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi, i also start in Jan 2020, adult nursing at Salford. Are any of you doing anything to prepare? Also is it just a case of us waiting for the University to get in touch with us to advise what we do next as i havent heard anything since i got the email to confirm i have a place? Also i signed the letter for the DBS check on the day of the interview, do you think this is something they will contact us about before the course?
University of Salford
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi Zophieb87,

First of all, congratulations on studying with us! You should receive your registration email around October/early November time which will confirm everything you will need to do to prepare to start your course.

You will be contacted separately in regards to the DBS and Occupational Health check which should be around a similar time.

In the meantime, you don't need to do anything else. Just hang tight and wait for a further email in a few months time.

Any other queries please contact our course enquiries team on 0161 295 4545 and they will be happy to help.

Thank you,
India - Social Media Team
Zophieb87
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thank you University of Salford
(Original post by University of Salford)
Hi Zophieb87,

First of all, congratulations on studying with us! You should receive your registration email around October/early November time which will confirm everything you will need to do to prepare to start your course.

You will be contacted separately in regards to the DBS and Occupational Health check which should be around a similar time.

In the meantime, you don't need to do anything else. Just hang tight and wait for a further email in a few months time.

Any other queries please contact our course enquiries team on 0161 295 4545 and they will be happy to help.

Thank you,
FionaLOck
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by University of Salford)
Hi Zophieb87,

Thank you,
awesome . this is what I wanted to know also.
FionaLOck
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Zophieb87)
Hi, i also start in Jan 2020, adult nursing at Salford. Are any of you doing anything to prepare? Also is it just a case of us waiting for the University to get in touch with us to advise what we do next as i havent heard anything since i got the email to confirm i have a place? Also i signed the letter for the DBS check on the day of the interview, do you think this is something they will contact us about before the course?
How are you feeling about starting the course. I haven't done anything to prepare. thinking to maybe get a few books on how to do literature reviews lol
Kate0815
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi I start in January for children’s nursing too. I think we’re a small cohort compared to September. 😁
FionaLOck
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Kate0815)
Hi I start in January for children’s nursing too. I think we’re a small cohort compared to September. 😁
it looks like! I'm doing adult nursing though
Havana xox
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by FionaLOck)
it looks like! I'm doing adult nursing though
I’ve just sent my application off to study jan 2020 , do you think it’s worth calling clearing about getting a place on the course even though I’ve already applied this year , as I believe the course is on clearing ...? And iiii really don’t want to wait until September 🙄🙄🙄
FionaLOck
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Havana xox)
I’ve just sent my application off to study jan 2020 , do you think it’s worth calling clearing about getting a place on the course even though I’ve already applied this year , as I believe the course is on clearing ...? And iiii really don’t want to wait until September 🙄🙄🙄
I'd call them Hun just to double check...
Zophieb87
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by FionaLOck)
How are you feeling about starting the course. I haven't done anything to prepare. thinking to maybe get a few books on how to do literature reviews lol
Hi I am so excited! I just cannot wait to get started. I am waiting to start volunteering in A&E for some work experience as currently i dont really have any. I have looked at text books but i dont want to waste money on them if in the end i dont need those specific ones. But i have seen an Anatomy and Physiology textbook that i want and a few others. Literature reviews..thats the first time i have ever heard of that, glad you mentioned it. How about you? Are you excited?
FionaLOck
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Havana xox)
did you call
Hpot1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by paigefairley)
Hello,

Just received an offer for children's nursing at Salford for January, anybody else on here in the same cohort?

hello! I am. I’m nervous but excited. Trying to work out why they decided on the amount of loan they have given me. Seems low!
kourtneyb
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey,

I'm also due to start Children's Nursing in January 2020. Has anybody received anything in relation to their DBS or health check yet? I can see the above post says late October/early November but I still haven't had anything?
FionaLOck
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I
(Original post by kourtneyb)
Hey,

I'm also due to start Children's Nursing in January 2020. Has anybody received anything in relation to their DBS or health check yet? I can see the above post says late October/early November but I still haven't had anything?
I haven't received anything yet actually
Zophieb87
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I haven't received anything
kourtneyb
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That makes me feel better that its not just me! haha
FionaLOck
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I received my DBS to sign . is anybody going to the pre induction event on the 10th December?
Zophieb87
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, i got the DBS too. Not sure if I will be going to the pre induction because of work
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?