Mel242
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I wonder why the academic points dropped from 45 to 34 between 2018 and 2019. Was this because of the Lincoln pathway?

In any case, I was scared off by the 50/56 cut off mentioned earlier and cancelled my train tickets this morning. I was intending to go to their Open Day in September but will now give it a miss.

I find it very confusing when it says on their website they are no longer scoring personal statements but it turns out they actually still are!
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Mel242)
I wonder why the academic points dropped from 45 to 34 between 2018 and 2019. Was this because of the Lincoln pathway?

In any case, I was scared off by the 50/56 cut off mentioned earlier and cancelled my train tickets this morning. I was intending to go to their Open Day in September but will now give it a miss.

I find it very confusing when it says on their website they are no longer scoring personal statements but it turns out they actually still are!
They are definitely not scoring them this year, but did for the other years mentioned (although did change their website last year around UCAS deadline time)
Laycity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

It looks like the year before last they did have a first stage cut off for academics but dropped it last year for some reason. For the people with 34 points for academics last year they must have scored 16/16 for their personal statements then to reach the 50 cut off - wow!
Sososnake
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Polkadot2018)
I understand now that interviews were offered after PS were scored alongside UCAT/GCSE score. So the ‘50’ threshold for non-contextuals last year to receive interviews was out of the max possible score of 72 (made up of 56 Max UCAT/GCSE and 16 PS)? So advice from various people that score of 46 plus for UCAT/GCSE should be fine seems to stand. I suppose the unknown bit this year is how that number may be affected without PS counting towards interview. Thoughts GANFYD please whether in your opinion they like to be subject to move greater than usual? Or is that a bit unfair of me to put on you 🤪?
Are you certain? It does seem like 50/56 is very high even for prospective medics
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Sososnake)
Are you certain? It does seem like 50/56 is very high even for prospective medics
It is 50 out of 72
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
It is 50 out of 72
How sure are you?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Sososnake)
How sure are you?
It is what Nottingham have stated, see the 2020 thread and the details are there, this one is for last year
Splishsplash
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Great post. Thank you. In answer to your question, not hugely 🤣 Score of 48 but need to think about this some more. Glad the uncertainty here resolved though regarding thresholds. Appreciate your help.
Hi Polkadot2018, I’d go for Nottingham if I had your score.
Polkadot2018
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Possible I suppose that they ruled out too many with ucat/gcse score the year before of 45, as they then only needed 7/16 for PS that year to get interview (totalling score of 52 as threshold). So perhaps they dropped to 34 last year which had effect of allowing so many more to the PS stage that only those with full score actually made the cut off (50/72) interview. 🤔
UrbanIncentive
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Possible I suppose that they ruled out too many with ucat/gcse score the year before of 45, as they then only needed 7/16 for PS that year to get interview (totalling score of 52 as threshold). So perhaps they dropped to 34 last year which had effect of allowing so many more to the PS stage that only those with full score actually made the cut off (50/72) interview. 🤔
Hi based on last years cut off, what do you think the cut off will be for this year? Is it likely to increase by much?
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by UrbanIncentive)
Hi based on last years cut off, what do you think the cut off will be for this year? Is it likely to increase by much?
Likely to increase probably to mid to high40’s
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

Yes, Lincoln pathway, I suspect.
They interviewed everybody who met their minimum requirements and had a B1-3 UKCAT for Lincoln last year
Kinghhfduj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
did my ucat and got 550 AVERAGE and band 3 I am really worried :0
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Kinghhfduj)
did my ucat and got 550 AVERAGE and band 3 I am really worried :0
What score in each section?
Kinghhfduj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by sososnake)
what score in each section?
vr 510
dm 500
qr 620
ar 570
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Kinghhfduj)
vr 510
dm 500
qr 620
ar 570
I make your ucat score to be 25/40 (I might be wrong but pretty sure I’m right), so your maximum overall score is 41/56. I’d say it’s very risky but your call
username4863724
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
is it worth applying if my overall score is 46/56 ?
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by suf1)
is it worth applying if my overall score is 46/56 ?
I would, it’s a very good score 😁
Polkadot2018
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thoughts on decent Halls for medics? On Open Day I was really short on time to look around these. An Ambassador mentioned a new ‘village’ which just outside campus but on the medical side?
Meduser
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
What is the offer:interview ratio at notts?
Last edited by Meduser; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (478)
66.48%
No (241)
33.52%

Watched Threads