How much should be written during A Leve Exams? Watch

ujabri
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
I know it’s all ‘quality not quantity’ but how much should be written to put in all that ‘quality’.
In specifics A Level History, I wrote 16 and felt it substantial, some others wrote 18, some wrote only 10?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by ujabri)
I know it’s all ‘quality not quantity’ but how much should be written to put in all that ‘quality’.
In specifics A Level History, I wrote 16 and felt it substantial, some others wrote 18, some wrote only 10?
You are looking at it from the wrong perspective. Some people write smaller than others or can leave big spaces.

Did you answer the questions with enough understanding and then analyse the issues, support that with evidence, advance a rational argument followed by sufficient insight? If you used every minute of your 3hrs and covered all the bases, then you should be fine. If you didnt then your revision or application was insufficient. You have enough time to get an A* or other high grade. Look at what you wrote rather than concern yourself with others.
ujabri
Rep:
?
Not ‘concerning’ myself with others, just wondering how much should be written during an A Level exam. But thanks
(Original post by 999tigger)
You are looking at it from the wrong perspective. Some people write smaller than others or can leave big spaces.

Did you answer the questions with enough understanding and then analyse the issues, support that with evidence, advance a rational argument followed by sufficient insight? If you used every minute of your 3hrs and covered all the bases, then you should be fine. If you didnt then your revision or application was insufficient. You have enough time to get an A* or other high grade. Look at what you wrote rather than concern yourself with others.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 days ago
Not ‘concerning’ myself with others, just wondering how much should be written during an A Level exam. But thanks
Clearly none of that sunk in.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
What does the numbers mean? the lines to write? for exam papers in history, I would name everything what I know in relevance to the task. And even if it is about 20 lines, as long as I have a clear structure and a context, it is alright.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ujabri
Rep:
?
I suppose! Thing is my teacher said aim for 4 sides for each essay (that is if your handwriting is ‘medium sized’) and I’m worried that I possibly waffled too much but at the same time I couldn’t have fit everything in on 4 sides, but my friends writing 12 pages seem more appropriate at the same time. I’m just worried? I know everyone approaches essays in different ways but it’s so odd to me
(Original post by Kallisto)
What does the numbers mean? the lines to write? for exam papers in history, I would name everything what I know in relevance to the task. And even if it is about 20 lines, as long as I have a clear structure and a context, it is alright.
ujabri
Rep:
?
Haaaa skimmed through it but I used up the whole 3 hours, mentioned all I could that was relevant, only brought up how much my friends wrote because 12 pages probably keeps the essay more succinct and less waffley, which I’m worried I possibly did.
(Original post by 999tigger)
Clearly none of that sunk in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (405)
18.59%
The paper was reasonable (1037)
47.59%
Not feeling great about that exam... (484)
22.21%
It was TERRIBLE (253)
11.61%

Watched Threads