Turn on thread page Beta

Metrosexual or Retrosexual? watch

• View Poll Results: Are you (or do you prefer) retrosexuals or metrosexuals?
    I'm a retrosexual bloke - real men who eat pies!
    13.21%
    I'm a metrosexual bloke - cavemen are like so last millennium!
    9.43%
    I'm a bloke that's neither of the above
    33.96%
    I'm a lady who likes retrosexual blokes - real men!
    7.55%
    I'm a lady who likes metrosexual men in touch with their feminine side
    16.98%
    I'm a lady who likes neither
    9.43%
    I'm a lady who likes both!
    9.43%

ReputationRep:
    This one's for the blokes on the back of a Sunday Sport ad: Apparently, us men were and are only interested in 3 things: Jubblies, sport and funny s...tuff. (Retrosexual). But apparently we've lost our way, getting doing stuff like yoga, drinking herbal tea, using moisturising cream and being considerate in the bedroom. (Metrosexual)

So...just for fun, are you a retrosexual, metrosexual or neither. For the ladies out there, do you prefer retro, metro or neither (or both?!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)
    This one's for the blokes on the back of a Sunday Sport ad: Apparently, us men were and are only interested in 3 things: Jubblies, sport and funny s...tuff. (Retrosexual). But apparently we've lost our way, getting doing stuff like yoga, drinking herbal tea, using moisturising cream and being considerate in the bedroom. (Metrosexual)

So...just for fun, are you a retrosexual, metrosexual or neither. For the ladies out there, do you prefer retro, metro or neither (or both?!)
    Noooooo - Not more useless categories and labels for people!?

ReputationRep:
    I would prefer a "retrosexual" as long as they arent a complete arse...

My ex took longer than me to get ready

ReputationRep:
    retro

ReputationRep:
    I like manly men, none of that chicken**** moisturiser stuff for me... give me a broad-chested mechanic any day haha... but I like the being considerate in the bedroom bit too.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i prefer metrosexual. it's the artistic and sensitive nature of being a creative person i think:P obviously if they start acting camp and having gay tendencies then i'm straight outta there....

ReputationRep:
    i dont think you can classify men into two clearly defined groups - sure there is a proprtion of men who are "retrosexual" and there is a proportion of men who are "metrosexual" - but i think there i a larger proprtion of men who fall into neither categories.

Me for insistance - i have a keen interest in maths, science, skiing, rugby - "funny stuff etc" dont really entertain me. But neither does herbal tea etc - i think this is common with a large proportion of men

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how people managed to respond to this post before I'd even posted it! Ooh, and it's just for fun - no need to go into deep and meaningful stuff or to go off on any rants. Feel free to point and laugh at any examples of retros and metros that you may have.

ReputationRep:
    I like metrosexual men (well, my boyfriend is one after all! He cooks, cleans, and has a skincare routine...), but only as long as it's not extreme. If they start using makeup or taking longer than me to get ready, I'm out of there :p:

ReputationRep:
    None of those categories apply to me- I'm not retro/metro, and I refuse to be tagged as a 'bloke'.

I am simply a man.

ReputationRep:
    You can be metrosexual - Look good, have a great wardrobe, look after your skin and body, work out, be great in bed, be able to live independantly (what you might derogatively call be able to cook & clean) without being a sissy.

And nobody actually drinks herbal tea, it's ****ing abysmal.

I wish we could get rid of the swear filter on this forum. I really do.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why I responded. I don't really like any men, metro, retro or otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redemption)
    You can be metrosexual - Look good, have a great wardrobe, look after your skin and body, work out, be great in bed, be able to live independantly (what you might derogatively call be able to cook & clean) without being a sissy.

And nobody actually drinks herbal tea, it's ****ing abysmal.

I wish we could get rid of the swear filter on this forum. I really do.
    You can swear in the subs lounge as far as I can remember. Just pay the subscription and then you can swear all you like.

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely more on the metrosexual side - moisturiser, green tea, need to shower regularly and don't mind spending money on good clothes.

At the same time though, I still like football, beer, cars and the gym.

Being metrosexual definitely doesn't mean being a sissy.

ReputationRep:
    Herbal tea is fine, you just need to steep the teabag for aaaages before it tastes good

Takes longer to prepare than normal tea, but it's worth it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.