student finance/ Accommodation Watch

sad4life
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi,
***** I'm super confused! So I have already applied for my maintenance loan 2 months ago etc. When would they transfer the maintenance loan into your account, will they send you a certain amount at a time? Would it be before the start date of uni? I've decided to live in student accommodation as I don't want to be around distractions in my household and it'll just disrupt my studies so I would prefer to live on my own. It'll help me academically. I'm just worried I won't be able to move out in time because I don't really know how the student accommodation thing works out? (other than having to wait a bit)I'm pretty sure I need to pay a deposit beforehand. But how would this be possible if i don't even have a job etc. I'm in the process of applying to some and I am gaining experience in advance. Please give me some advice ( I wrote this in a rush, so sorry if it sounds a little odd)
Last edited by sad4life; 5 days ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by sad4life)
Hi,
***** I'm super confused! So I have already applied for my maintenance loan 2 months ago etc. When would they transfer the maintenance loan into your account, will they send you a certain amount at a time? Would it be before the start date of uni? I've decided to live in student accommodation as I don't want to be around distractions in my household and it'll just disrupt my studies so I would prefer to live on my own. It'll help me academically. I'm just worried I won't be able to move out in time because I don't really know how the student accommodation thing works out? (other than having to wait a bit)I'm pretty sure I need to pay a deposit beforehand. But how would this be possible if i don't even have a job etc. I'm in the process of applying to some and I am gaining experience in advance. Please give me some advice ( I wrote this in a rush, so sorry if it sounds a little odd)
You are going to have to wait till September at the earliest to get any money.
You will have to pay at least a deposit before then, could be more if you choose private.
You will have to find the money yourself by using savings, family loan, get a job. The other less desirable options are to see if you can open a student bank account in July or make part payment to the uni. Private LLs are far less likely to wait.

Go uni owned accommodation in year 1 imo. They will want the deposit but for the rest of the rent they are more likely to wait till your student loan arrives.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (285)
15.19%
The paper was reasonable (1039)
55.38%
Not feeling great about that exam... (407)
21.7%
It was TERRIBLE (145)
7.73%

Watched Threads