The women who are killing it in taxidermy Watch

CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Just read this news article https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48386470 and am thoroughly impressed, think its really awesome that more women are getting into this profession.
There is something incredibly interesting about taxidermy providing the animal has died of natural causes and not killed for sport.
I always photograph any dead animal i come across (as well as reporting it if it is a protected species like a badger) as they make really useful artistic references instead of just drawing from the internet and have tried my hand at skull cleaning a badger's head before now. To actually physically see an animal, especially not one commonly seen up close like a fox or a badger i think gives you a real appreciation for what you are drawing and you capture the essence of the animal more.
These women are really talented at what they do and they do amazing justice to the creatures they immortalise, just felt like sharing this awesome article
ankita kumari
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
hi
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by ankita kumari)
hi
:hello:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (286)
15.15%
The paper was reasonable (1048)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (409)
21.66%
It was TERRIBLE (145)
7.68%

Watched Threads