Offensive weapons and the police Watch

lovehappy22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
How did you come to find out that carrying weapons in self defence is very unacceptable in uk society?

1. Did the police come to you at school (were you in junior school or secondary school?) and give you lectures on the dangers of weapon carrying?

2. The headmaster or other official found you having a weapon and lectured about how dangerous it is?

3. Another way

I’m strongly in favour of the uk law on offensive weapons.
Last edited by lovehappy22; 2 days ago
StriderHort
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Other. Just kind of worked it out for myself watching people around me. I feel if you go looking for trouble you'll probably find it.

Oddly i'm generally always armed at work in a sort of official/unofficial capacity but i've got used to that so don't really think about it, it's been a few years since anyone tried anything.
Zamestaneh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by lovehappy22)
How did you come to find out that carrying weapons in self defence is very unacceptable in uk society?

1. Did the police come to you at school (were you in junior school or secondary school?) and give you lectures on the dangers of weapon carrying?

2. The headmaster or other official found you having a weapon and lectured about how dangerous it is?

3. Another way

I’m strongly in favour of the uk law on offensive weapons.

Given my slight interest in the 2nd Amendment and Stand Your Ground laws in the US, I wanted to learn about self defence laws and self defence weapons in the UK, and seperately I read about the legality of EDC knives for casual use which filled in my understanding of what is deemed to be an offensive weapon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (405)
18.6%
The paper was reasonable (1037)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (484)
22.22%
It was TERRIBLE (252)
11.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed